Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||We are a Canadian telecommunications company providing professional and technical services necessary for engineering, designing, building and commissioning wireless and wireline telecom networks.
||Survey Design Technician
||The Engineering Design Technician job is to conduct all fieldwork necessary to determine the most effective, cost efficient engineering design for a particular project.
||• Conduct all fieldwork necessary to determine the most effective, cost efficient engineering design.
• Provide detailed plans and complete forms for designs in order to package line assignments.
• Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations.
• Create rough work sketch of what is required for the project implementation.
e.g.: type of plant, future growth, safety hazards
• Negotiate construction details with customers.
• Identify pole heights and protection requirements according to site location and standards
• Visually check for illegal attachments and verify permits.
• Partner with team members and outside contacts to meet customer services needs
• Coordinate and meet with municipal officials and developers.
• College Degree in Engineering technology or relevant experience in Out Side Plant (OSP) design would be an asset
• 1 to 3 years relevant experience in Telecommunications, Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 1 year surveying & drafting experience.
• Computer literacy in MS Office
• Knowledge of computer aided drafting design tools is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of technical standards for the design of the outside network (poles, broad band technology, fiber & copper cables) would be an asset
• Strong customer service and communication skills (written and oral)
• Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
• Ability in interpreting splicing diagrams and building blueprints.
• Ability in drawing rough diagrams that can be clearly understood by others.
• Must be self-motivated and work well with minimum or no direct supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required.
• Ability to work efficiently in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments and clients.
• Willing to work outdoors.
• Willing to work various shifts to meet client requirements.
• Must possess a driver's license (Class 5)
• Willing to travel