Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||NETRICOM is a recognized leader in the Canadian telecommunications industry providing professional and technical services necessary for engineering, designing, building and commissioning wireless and wire line telecom networks. The scope and scale of our services and capabilities are unrivaled in the marketplace.
||To competently perform installation, testing and maintenance of various types of telecommunications equipment.
||• Installation, test and commissioning and removal of Central Office, DC power, BDFB's, ironwork, DC cabling, fuse panel and circuit-breaker.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs alone.
• Structured cabling including cutting, running, tying and crimping all sizes of power, switchboard, coaxial and fiber cable.
• Perform live cutovers to new or existing equipment.
• Installation and maintenance of power equipment including sealed and liquid cell batteries, rectifiers and fuse panels.
• Installation of optical terminals, including fiber cable pulling, fiber fusion and terminations.
• Installation of all of types of telecom equipment.
• Wear all appropriate safety gear, be aware of and observe all on-site safety practices. Report hazards or unsafe working practices to team lead.
• Assist as required with estimating and quote preparation.
• Responsible for personal quality of workmanship and taking all necessary precautions to prevent service disruptions. Report any know quality issues to the Lead Technician.
• Maintain frequent, honest and open contact with all customer personnel to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction.
• General knowledge of equipment in common use in Central Office and remote sites, including installation, test and commissioning.
• An understanding of industry standard installation practices and policies for CO equipment and power.
• A good mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of the use of simple hand tools, power tools and complicated specialty tools.
• Able to interpret Telecommunication Blue Prints, Schematics and Specs and able to install equipment to specification
• Knowledge of ancillary equipment used in telecom installations, including but not limited to cables, connectors, steel work and other consumables that are used on a daily bases.
• Flexible and adaptable. Demonstrate the capability to be able to multi-task and accommodate a variety of assignments at various locations on a day-to-day basis.
• Able and willing to travel as required for varying periods of time, often with short notice.
• Available to work weekends and nights as required.
• Must have a professional and positive attitude.
• Able to interact with customer on-site personnel on job specific activities.
• Must have a valid driver license, with a clean drivers abstract
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||NETRICOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salary, benefits, daily expenses and overtime opportunities. Join Netricom and grow with us through superior safety training and alongside some of the most respected and professional technicians in the industry.