Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||NETRICOM is a recognized leader in the Canadian telecommunications industry providing professional and technical services necessary for engineering, designing, building and commissioning wireless and wire line telecom networks. The scope and scale of our services and capabilities are unrivaled in the marketplace.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Outside Plant Design Technician
• Design Outside Plant Telecommunication infrastructures and facilities in accordance
with engineering principles, guidelines, policies and safety standards;
• Performs site surveys to collect, analyze and organize basic engineering data to develop design layouts and prepare all engineering documentation required for a complete functional design;
• Prepares layouts and detail drawings complex assemblies from notes, verbal instructions and rough or detailed sketches;
• Liaison with internal and external customers, developers, municipal officials and other approving authorities to remove roadblocks and obtain the necessary approvals of the design drawings;
• Prepare accurate documentation to track time, expenses and events for billing purpose;
• Certified Engineering Technologist and hold a 2 year Certificate in Electrical Engineering Technology from a recognized institute; or,
• University Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
• Experience in Outside Plant design and field experience is considered an asset;
• Experience in drafting design tools is considered an asset.
• Computer literacy; Microsoft Office Tools (Email, Word processing, Spreadsheets and Presentation tools)
• Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
• Demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills;
• Fluent in English; functional knowledge in French is an asset
• Abilities in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines
• Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision;
• Self-motivated, works well with minimum or no direct supervision;
• Must be willing to travel when required;
• Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations;
• Willing to work various shifts to meet client requirements;
• Ability to effectively handle both favorable and unfavorable customer interactions;
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required;
• Ability to work efficiently in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments and clients;
• Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced changing environment;
• Commit to continuous learning and to apply those learned skills in the related fields;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities;
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||NETRICOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salary, benefits, daily expenses and overtime opportunities. Join Netricom and grow with us through superior safety training and alongside some of the most respected and professional technicians in the industry.