Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||NETRICOM is a recognized leader in the Canadian telecommunications industry providing professional and technical services necessary for engineering, designing, building and commissioning wireless and wire line telecom networks.
||To competently perform installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance of various types of telecommunications equipment.
||• Installation, test and commissioning of Radio Base Station Equipment
• Installation, test and commissioning and removal of Central Office, DC power, BDFB's, ironwork, DC cabling, fuse panel and circuit-breaker.
• Structured cabling including cutting, running, tying and crimping all sizes of power, switchboard, coaxial and fiber cable.
• Perform live cutovers to new or existing equipment.
• Installation and maintenance of power equipment including sealed and liquid cell batteries, rectifiers and fuse panels.
• Installation of optical terminals, including fiber cable pulling, fiber fusion and terminations.
• Installation of all of types of telecom equipment.
• Wear all appropriate safety gear, be aware of and observe all on-site safety practices. Report hazards or unsafe working practices to team lead.
• Responsible for personal quality of workmanship and taking all necessary precautions to prevent service disruptions.
• Report any know quality issues to the Lead Technician.
• Maintain frequent, honest and open contact with all customer personnel to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs alone in special occasions.
||• College certificate or diploma in telecommunications, electronics or any related field with 2 years experience or High School diploma with a minimum of 5 years experience
• Good knowledge of or Certification on installation and commissioning of the following equipment is a key asset: Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia-Siemens, ZTE, Cisco.
• General knowledge of transmission equipment (Fiber Optic, Wired , Ethernet, Wireless)
• General understanding of TCP/IP communications and configuration, Radio
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook
• Frequencies propagation and other telecommunications technologies
• General knowledge of equipment in common use in Central Office and remote sites, including installation, test and commissioning.
• An understanding of industry standard installation practices and policies for Central Office equipment, Cell site and power.
• A good mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of the use of simple hand tools, power tools and complicated specialty tools.
• Able to interpret Telecommunication Blue Prints, Schematics and Specs and able to install equipment to specification
• Knowledge of ancillary equipment used in telecom installations, including but not limited to cables, connectors, steel work and other consumables that are used on a daily bases.
• Flexible and adaptable. Demonstrate the capability to be able to multi-task and accommodate a variety of assignments at various locations on a day-to-day basis.
• Able and willing to travel as required for varying periods of time, often with short notice.
• Available to work weekends and nights as required.
• Must have a professional and positive attitude.
• Able to interact with customer on-site personnel on job specific activities.
• Must have a valid driver license, with a clean drivers abstract