Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell A Friend
||Senior Collections Officer
||Under broad managerial direction, this position supports the effective management of the collection portfolio and collections team at BlueShore Financial. This includes the responsibility for all the accounts assigned to the collection team with a focus on commercial and leasing. The main impact of this role is to mitigate loss and any potential exposure.
||• Provides ongoing support and instruction of others in the principles of credit risk and collection management.
• Performs full investigation, negotiation, case management, systems documentation and client communication for collection on overdue accounts.
• Recommends and manages collection assignment, repossession and foreclosure actions through to resolution including completing all necessary legal steps, documentation, property management and sale, and instruction of external partners (bailiff, realtors, solicitors, collection agencies, etc.).
• Builds third party relationships that support the collection process.
• Maintains historical and current records on delinquency and on activities of written-off accounts.
• Assists BlueShore Financial in legal actions related to collection, including all appropriate legal research, documentation and filing, court proceedings and eventual resolution or judgment follow-through.
• Assists in the development of a delinquency control system, which optimizes use of BlueShore Financial’s computer system.
• Participates in the accomplishments of the department initiatives and meeting performance standards as outlined in the goals and objectives,
• Prepare or update reports as required by senior management
• Compile and analyze statistical data to forecast or support trends
• Maintain a best-in class relationship with clients, subsequent encumbrances, solicitors and brokers
• Provide the highest level of service and support to the administration, legal, funding, underwriting and sales & service departments
• Understands the regulatory and compliance requirements applicable to one’s scope of responsibility
• Incorporates regulatory and compliance requirements into existing business processes and activities
• Identifies opportunities to mitigate potential risk and to strengthen compliance activities, for BlueShore Financial and its stakeholders, in daily operational activities
• Increases knowledge & understanding of regulations, laws and compliance within the scope of one’s responsibility and overall Company, from the time of hire to on-going annual training and development
• People management/ Motivator
• Problem solver
• Sales and service
• Time management
• Proven Oral and Written Communication
||• Minimum five years directly related experience
• Commercial collection or underwriting experience
• Understanding of financial accounting and statement analysis
• Demonstrated application of business law and practices
• Solid background in credit analysis and credit structuring