Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell A Friend
||Reporting to the Director, Development this position is responsible for mainstream application development, including: requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and post-production support. Ability to work within established guidelines on most development and maintenance activities.
Required Technical Expertise
•Require proficiency in the following areas:
oTechnologies required to develop in and support T24 Banking system running in a SQL environment.
oProcedural, object-oriented, and web programming concepts
oSystems analysis, business analysis, development, testing, implementation, documentation, and post-implementation support
oOffice productivity tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
oWritten and verbal communications, including the ability to produce clearly articulated user and technical documentation
•Require working knowledge in the following areas:
oSharePoint, C#, .Net Framework 3.5 to 4.5, .Net Assemblies, Microsoft SQL 2008, XML, Webservices
oCrystal Reports, Microsoft Reporting Services, Java, MSM Queues, COM Objects, ISO8583 messaging standards, Windows Communications Foundations etc.
oRelational databases, including data modeling and analysis, querying, manipulation of data, stored procedures, ETL, and SSIS/Data Transformation Services
oData and system security and integrity management
oEnterprise productivity tools such as PowerPoint, Visio and Microsoft Project
Preference will be given to candidates with experience with T24 knowledge.
• Assists in all aspects of Software Development, including: requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment and post-production support
• Assists with any design, development, and testing activities required to: configure and enhance software applications, maintain databases, fix bugs, upgrade software applications, integrate systems, and improve business processes etc
• Maintains the balance between timeliness and quality of deliverables including software, documentation, and communications (internal and external)
• Ensures accurate technical and user documentation is available for internal and external use
• Adheres to and recommends best practices for software development, documentation, security, and data integrity etc
• Understands and works within established software development and corporate guidelines
• Analyzes business requirements to recommend an optimal technical solution within the context of prescribed architecture
• Able to work within a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with the ability to deal with shifting priorities
• Has demonstrated flexibility, initiative, and a proactive approach
• Provide work estimates to managers and project managers as requested. This may include working with other developers to arrive at such estimates.
• Provides first-level on-going support for in-house systems which includes: providing day-to-day end-user application support; monitoring accuracy, quality and reliability of systems and data; ensuring data/system security and integrity practices are adhered to
• Performs a variety of routine systems administration duties as applicable for the assigned systems
• Responsible for trouble shooting and diagnostics activities to monitor, identify and implement solutions for system performance and availability.
• Under the direction of senior developer or manager, works directly with internal team members, users, and system suppliers to define/confirm requirements
• Analyzes business and functional requirements in collaboration with others in the development team to arrive at an optimal solution to meet business needs
• Recommends and implements process improvements through in-house applications
• Designs, implements and maintains reports through a variety of programs, including OLAP cubes, Crystal Reports and Microsoft Reporting Services etc.
• Determines the most appropriate data sources by understanding data models across disparate databases and systems
• Develops and maintains several data extractions for key reporting (Key Performance Indicators, Branch scorecards, Marketing campaigns) etc
• Seeks out new potential data sources to solve business problems
• Assists in data warehouse maintenance and troubleshooting
||• Excellent communication (oral/written)
• Project management
• Creative development
• Detail Oriented
||•Post-secondary education in related technology and business programs
•Working knowledge of software development through its entire lifecycle, IT Governance, and project management methodologies
•Working knowledge of at least general business and systems processes; financial services environment preferred
•Broad knowledge of the global technology environment
• Creative thinker
• Positive outlook
• Problem solver
• Decision maker
• Team player
• Goal oriented
•Require minimum of three years’ experience in software application design, development, unit testing, implementation and maintenance
•Require financial services environment experience in T24 Banking system.
•Knowledge of CRM, FileNet Content Management, Data Warehouse or other enterprise application systems is also preferred