Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell A Friend
||Marketing Data Analyst
||The Marketing Data Analyst position provides a tremendous amount of work variety, linking your technological expertise to end of day business results.
The role is responsible for managing and implementing direct marketing projects in support of member acquisition, retention, cross-sell, and experience management. Incorporates critical understanding of customer behaviours and needs through analysis, reporting, and campaign management, to drive sales and acquire retail and increase the profitability of target segments.
||• Assists in strategic planning, then develops and executes comprehensive marketing acquisition, sales and retention programs using client insights and competitive findings to build brand awareness and increase sales opportunities for target client segments.
• Key participant in the development and execution of marketing campaigns and programs in support of segment, product line, and experience management objectives.
• Manages and conducts analysis of macro-level (under-served segments) and micro-level (campaign targeting) opportunities to generate new sales and revenue sources.
• Manages and develops targeting strategy in concert with Manager, Products and Segmentation; develops associated campaign documentation; builds target marketing lists; support delivery of campaign information via sales communications, lead generation and reporting; ensures effective end-to-end execution of all direct marketing activities (e.g. campaign, communication, research), on time and within budget.
• Works with marketing and IT partners to execute campaigns (i.e. online, print, email, internal sales opportunities, data analytics, etc.) to ensure that all aspects of tactical execution are implemented as planned.
• Analyzes post-program results of projects and identifies effectiveness of the marketing approach; makes recommendations to improve quality and effectiveness of materials.
• Analyses demographic, market, customer, campaign data to identify trends, insights, results and findings to generate future proactive sales and contact initiatives
• Identifies and manages ongoing process improvements to segmentation, data integration and reliability, execution of segment targeting and direct marketing initiatives, and results reporting/monitoring
• Primary day-to-day liaison with ITS and BI groups to ensure accuracy of data and delivery through rigorous attention to detail and data validation
• Manages third-party relationships with direct marketing vendors / partners (e.g. external print and email houses, data sources, etc.); includes budget management for email / print mail (targeted and unaddressed) @ $80,000 - $100,000 annually
• Builds, refines and conducts branching location and analysis reporting, for the Retail Sales leadership
||• Highly-developed analytical skills
• Expert knowledge and proficiency in using a wide range of analytical software and programming tools and databases (e.g. SAS, MS SQL, Access, Excel)
• Knowledge of highly complex, multi-system IT environments (e.g. CRM, data warehouse, banking system, etc.)
• Proven ability to translate business and segment needs into analytics / modeling that drives sales results
• Strong project management, and ability to multi-task to meet changing business demands and urgent deadlines
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong communication skills (written / verbal), and ability to translate technical information into business terms
• Experience in working with cross-functional teams (particularly IT resources)
• Extensive direct marketing experience with strong and proven exposure in acquisition, retention, and customer experience initiatives
||• Undergraduate (Bachelors) degree or equivalent; Business/Technology major (requires business/marketing acumen plus deep understanding of data structures, access, management)
• Experience in analytic/programming with SQL, SAS; expert knowledge of SQL and Access databases; reporting mechanisms (e.g. Excel, Access, etc.)
• 4-6 years experience in a marketing/business/IT related position
• Previous experience in a direct marketing role in a consumer-facing industry an asset