Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell A Friend
||Financial Services Associate 3/Team Leader - Squamish Branch
||This role has two focuses: Financial Services Associate 3 and Team Leader. Under broad managerial direction and through exceptional responsive sales and service, the incumbent performs a wide variety of investment and credit services by identifying client needs and proactively selling products and services while maintaining Client Intimate service delivery. As well the incumbent assists the Branch Manager in maintaining the client services and cash operations for the branch.
||Financial Services Associate 3 – 60%
• Evaluates potential of clients by providing information on all credit union products and services; recognizes and refers more complex client needs
• Explains and processes loan and mortgage products/services: interviews clients, completes loan/mortgage applications and compiles related paperwork, approves loans/mortgages within assigned limits, presents and makes appropriate recommendations to Manager for credit above limits
• Explains and processes investment products/services: interviews members and identifies member potential, explains investment options for terms and mutual funds, utilizes advisory tools and ensures compliance to regulations, refers to specialist as required based on client needs
• Processes estate accounts: compiles documentation necessary, completes transactions as requested, and refers more complex requests as needed
• Reviews delinquency reports and calls on unassigned clients to negotiate payments
• Conducts maturity calls on unassigned investment and loan-related products/services
• Adheres to safety and security policies and procedures to protect credit union interests regarding transaction processing: confidentiality of credit union client records; holding and transaction approval limits; fraud/forgery/counterfeiting and cheque cashing guidelines; know premises security and robbery procedures
• Ensures BlueShore Financial and branch service/sales standards are adhered to at all times when working with clients and co-workers
• Supports team by ensuring: regular attendance, contribution of ideas; assist in enhancing branch operations and client service; responsible for own sales activity management and tracking
• Ensures ongoing learning to excel in client service
Team Leader – 40%
• Provides day-to-day operational scheduling and direction for asscociates ; contacting employees regarding branch scheduling needs; advising Branch Manager on issues which may affect FTE or client service.
• Assists Branch Manager on technical development of associates; models exceptional team, client service and leadership skills; conducts product knowledge, procedural and policy updates/changes sessions at the FSA 1 level; conducts performance reviews with associates.
• Performs a variety of operational tasks including: cash ordering, shipping, verifying incoming parcels and the receipt and disbursement of treasury orders; ensures cash holdings are within established limits and sufficient cash is available; balances treasury.
• Performs security and loss prevention tasks including: reporting deficiencies and advising the manager of discrepancies; addressing audit issues; controlling and monitoring safety deposit box fee collection; premises including ATM and night deposit fee collection; acting as a resource for security procedures for FSAs.
• Assists Branch Manager by providing approvals, overrides and general assistance for FSAs; provides client problem resolution as required.
||• BlueShore Financial core and specialized products and services (includes deposit and credit products)
• Ethical and third party mutual funds
• End-user computer programs
• Professional Business Writing and Communication
• Client Service
• Effective relationship management
• Advisory Services
• Demonstrated ability to provide Client Intimate service to members and achieve or exceed desired results.
||• 2-4 years’ experience working in a financial institution
• Solid understanding of retail lending (including mortgages)
• Intermediate financial planning courses
• Mutual fund license (ability to be licensed; may not necessarily be licensed)
• Mutual fund sales experience
• Post-secondary education
• Solid understanding of cash services operational policies, procedures, and security standards