Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell A Friend
||Human Resources Advisor
||Under broad managerial direction, this senior role is an integral part of the Human Resources mandate to increase the level of productive engagement and employee capability at BlueShore Financial. Working in partnership with business units, this role provides strategic human resources advice and counsel to management and senior management to assist in the achievement of BlueShore Financial’s objectives and strategic goals.
||• Provides a broad range of Human Resources consulting services including employee relations, performance management, recruitment and selection and employment/termination as well as assisting with client group staff planning and compensation.Proactively identifies trends, potential problems and successes; develops recommendations and disseminates to the appropriate parties.
• Proactively applies thorough knowledge of the financial services industry, and BlueShore Financial’s business, to assist managers in achieving their business goals.
• Working with the management, provides direction and assistance in recruitment and selection. Determines applicant eligibility for available positions; interviews candidates; counsels and advises hiring manager as required. Conducts due diligence activities.
• Assists management with identifying their needs in regard to employee performance issues, development options, and career planning and makes recommendations accordingly.
• In conjunction with the Compensation and Pension Specialist develops salary action recommendations consistent with salary administration guidelines.
• Conducts research into human resources programs and activities, and recommends changes or innovations where desirable.
• Maintains contacts with human resources and industry organizations and associations for the purpose of keeping abreast of new developments.
• Manages or participates in various projects and/or work groups as required
||• Active listening
• Business acumen
• Communication (verbal/written)
• Computer software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Tme management
• Poject management
• Conflict resolution
||• College diploma or degree preferably in HR management
• Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation required
• Minimum 7 to 10 years experience in Human Resources field
• Thorough knowledge of Employment Standards Act and Regulations, and other applicable legislation
• Solid experience in recruiting practices, learning and development, compensation and employee relations
• Preferred 4 to 6 years experience working in financial services or sales/service industry. Front line experience would be an asset.