Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Assistant Vice President, Treasurer
||Under executive direction, this position is responsible for recommendation and implementation of asset and liability management strategies as they pertain generally to liquidity, interest rates, capital and credit and foreign exchange. Providing support to the branches in seamless product delivery according to member preference while maintaining appropriate levels of risk vs. return on equity.
||In consultation with the VP Finance & CFO the position accountabilities are as follows:
• Responsible for the daily management and investment of surplus liquidity.
• Ensures compliance with Central1 liquidity requirements including the management of documentation.
• Forecasts expected liquidity needs including modeling the liquidity impact of management initiatives.
• Maintains adequate depth and diversification of liquidity to protect against a sudden drop in member deposits; this includes but is not restricted to the deposit loan agreement with Central1, auxiliary revolving credit facilities, and securitization.
• Responsible for measuring the impact of interest rate movements on earnings and capital.
• Analyzes and report on interest rate risk at least monthly.
• Develops, recommends and back tests assumptions in the interest rate risk models to ensure reliable tracking and performance.
• Ensures that the Credit Union is kept up to date on industry best practices.
• Prepares detailed on and off balance sheet strategies for managing interest rates.
•Manages the interest rate derivative portfolio.
• Ensures that the credit union is adequately capitalized both currently and with respect to future strategic initiatives.
•Maintains access to a diversified pool of capital.
• Maintains up-to-date marginal costs for various capital generating alternatives.
• Participates in the pricing of all BlueShore Financial products
• Responsible for measuring and reporting product profitability
• Contact point for discretionary pricing on deposits and foreign exchange
• Ensures good communication from Treasury to all organizational levels
• Contributes to the development and maintenance of external relationships
• Reports at least monthly to the Asset Liability Committee
• Manages direct reports; participates in the recruitment and selection of new staff; develops individual objectives to meet branch/department goals; evaluates staff performance through BlueShore Financial’s performance management system; initiates salary reviews as required; recognizes and rewards employees; takes corrective action as required.
• Proactively coaches (through group and one-on-one sessions) and develops employees to assist them in achieving career success and growth. Provides development opportunities for staff through various sources including learning sessions, internal and external training, and education courses. Ensures each employee has a learning plan in place and results are achieved.
||• Excellent communication (oral/written)
• Project management
• Strong Analytical
• Time management
||• Proactive self-starter and self-learner
• Team oriented/Team player
• Decision maker
• Problem solver
• Detail oriented
||• Bachelor’s Degree
• Accounting (CGA, CMA or CA) and/or Treasury Designation
• Seven to 10 years in the Financial Services Environment preferably in the area of Treasury with specific focus on Derivatives, Swaps and Securitization
• Proficient with the "Monaco System"