Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell A Friend
||This position is responsible for fostering valued relationships with existing business clients by promoting a comprehensive account advisory service. With emphasis on deposit gathering, business lending and cross referrals with Retail and Group partners, the incumbent will maximize clients’ share of wallet to help BlueShore Financial achieve growth, profitability and return on investment objectives.
Through ongoing profiling of business clients, and ensuring adherence to the Clients Intimacy (CI) strategy, the Business Advisor uncovers and acts upon both short and long term needs to enhance and develop new relationships that enhance both the client’s financial well-being and contribute to organizational growth. In an advisory capacity, your relationship building skills will be used to further a consultative approach to our business offer.
||• Proactively manages the relationship with assigned clients and provides a lifespring™ Business Group level of advice to help business clients/potential clients take action to create/maintain business financial wellness. Through ongoing profiling of clients/potential clients, uncovers and acts upon appropriate sales opportunities that contribute to organizational growth and enhance clients’ financial wellness. Acts as and advocates for BlueShore Financial.
• Interviews business clients to obtain information concerning their investment, credit, business and personal needs; promotes and recommends appropriate products and services.
• Manages all aspects of the assigned business services portfolio, including underwriting, monitoring, compliance and proactive client servicing; approves commercial loans and mortgages within established limits or recommends for approval beyond established limits.
• Proactively develops new business and retains existing business through establishing and building relationships with business members within the assigned small business portfolio.
• Plays an active role in the community to project a positive image for BlueShore Financial and generate business opportunities.
• Cross refers with Retail Branches, Business Centre, Leasing, Wealth Management and BlueShore Insurance to increase share of wallet. As the scope of cross referrals is extensive, high level communication is necessary with Retail and Group partners.
• Proactively and effectively uses all tools available, especially our Client Relationship Management (CRM) software, to provide seamless service to clients and contribute to BlueShore Financial’s growth.
• Keeps informed on new products, Business Package Services and other general information of interest to business clients; keeps abreast of specialized knowledge and experience requirements in centralized business services.
• Regularly visit assigned branches and participates in branch sales meetings to support the goals and objectives of the unit.
• Ensures BlueShore Financial and branch service/sales standards are adhered to at all times when working with clients and co-workers.
• Supports team by ensuring: regular attendance, contribution of ideas; assisting in enhancing branch operations and client service; responsible for own sales activity management and tracking.
• Ensures ongoing learning to excel in client service. Ensures personal development plan is current. Acts upon learning opportunities to maximize contributions.
• Perform other duties as assigned, which do not affect the nature of the job.
||• BlueShore Financial core and specialized products and services (includes deposit and credit products)
• End-user computer programs (CRM, Knowledge Xchange, MS Office products, etc.)
• Effective business planning techniques including time management and multi-tasking
• Business building
• Communication (verbal/written)
• Client Service
• Effective relationship management
• Advisory Services
||• 1 - 3 years in small business or commercial portfolio management
• 5 - 7 years in financial services environment
• Working toward a designated post-secondary program
• Intermediate financial planning courses
• Understanding of financial accounting and statement analysis
• Thorough and flexible in credit analysis/structuring
• Proven ability to sell and service client needs