Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Commercial Account Manager (Real Estate Lending)
||Reporting to the AVP, Business Centre, this position is responsible for servicing and building relationships with portfolio clients in diversified business sectors, with emphasis on real estate lending, to achieve BlueShore Financial’s growth, profitability and return on investment objectives. This includes building rapport and adhering to the established sales and service standards to satisfy the individual needs of our business clients.
||• Develop new business and retain existing business through establishing and building relationships with business clients within the assigned commercial portfolio.
• Interview business clients to obtain information concerning their investment, credit, business and personal needs; promote and recommend appropriate products and services.
• Manage all aspects of the assigned business services portfolio, including underwriting, monitoring, compliance and proactive client servicing; approve commercial loans and mortgages within established limits or recommend for approval beyond established limits.
• Ensure existing and potential portfolio business clients’ problems are resolved as well as deal with any of their issues, concerns or other credit union matters.
• Liaise with clients and Central Services to facilitate prompt and efficient disbursement and maintenance of approved loans and mortgages.
• Keep informed on new products, Business Package Services and other general information of interest to business members; keep abreast of specialized knowledge and experience requirements in centralized business services.
• Meet business clients’ individual needs to support relationship banking efforts; promote all non-credit business directly or through referrals. This includes "Strictly Business" package, including RRSPs, payroll and other services, as they become available.
• Provide Guaranteed Excellence for Business Clients sales and service; maintain confidentiality of credit union and clients’ records.
• Support BlueShore Financial’s sales objectives, campaign activities, etc. by selling and cross-selling all products and services.
• Participate in branch sales meetings to support the goals and objectives of the unit.
• Advise management of sales problems encountered and other issues relating to the management of the commercial portfolio.
• Assist the Branch Manager in overseeing business sales and service activities to ensure current and potential business clients receive the best sales and service possible; share expertise with and mentor Financial Advisors in identifying business services opportunities and sales/service activities.
• Track commercial and business sales to measure individual results and activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned which do not affect the nature of the job.
||• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5-7 years in commercial portfolio management
• Knowledge of financial industry marketing practices
• 7-10 years in financial services environment
• Understanding of financial accounting and statement analysis
• Thorough creative and flexible in credit analysis/structuring
• Demonstrated application of business/statute law and practices
||Five to seven years in commercial portfolio management
Seven to 10 years in financial services environment