Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Burnaby - North Vancouver
||Contact Centre Agent - Financial Services Associate
||We are currently recruiting for a full time Contact Centre Agent or Financial Services Associate eqivalent. Applicants must have some flexibility regarding days/times. The call centre is open Monday-Saturday 8 am to 8 pm. Schedules are very balanced and resonable.
This role is an extension of our Financial Spa branch locations where sophisticated experience and outstanding service is key. Our Contact Centre offers fantastic career opportunities for those with only a few years of banking experience to the most seasoned account manager level.
The Contact Centre Agent proactively promotes a full range of borrowing, investment (may include mutual funds), insurance, and banking products over the telephone. Following the five steps of Client Intimacy, contacts clients from assigned call lists to determine current and future needs with the view of retaining and growing business. Responds to a wide variety of requests over the telephone/email/web by determining needs and providing customized solutions to enhance clients’ financial wellbeing and contribute to organizational growth.
||• Provides service and sales across the four pillars of banking including borrowing, investments (may include mutual funds), insurance, and general banking. Refers to specialists and/or branch staff when required.
• Responsible for achieving and tracking sales and referral targets to contribute to organizational objectives.
• Conducts outbound calls for a variety of sales and service initiatives aimed at business retention and growth. Participates in Marketing and other campaigns.
• Grants mortgages, consumer loans and other credit applications within assigned lending limits. Promotes the sales of credit insurance. Makes appropriate recommendations to manager for credit above limits. Makes referrals to insurance specialists as required.
• Promotes and completes the sale for investment products (may include mutual funds). Makes referrals to investment specialists as required.
• Ensures BlueShore Financial and Call Centre service/sales standards are adhered to in order to enhance and maximize business opportunities with internal and external partners.
• Resolves client issues and/or complaints, ensuring appropriate escalation, as required, and timely resolution.
• Minimizes the calls to the branches and other areas of the organization by responding to a wide variety of incoming telephone requests by determining needs and providing information and solutions to meet needs.
• Processes client transactions/requests efficiently and accurately using all tools available, (banking and relationship management systems as well as telephone and email/web), to provide seamless service to clients and contribute to BlueShore Financial’s growth. Ensures compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures.
• Adheres to safety and security policies and procedures to protect Credit Union interests regarding transaction processing: confidentiality of Credit Union client records; holding and transaction approval limits; fraud/forgery guidelines; know premises security and robbery procedures.
• Ensures ongoing learning to excel in member service; ensures personal development plan is current; acts upon learning opportunities to maximize contributions
||• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Problem solver
• Demonstrated sales and service skills
• Time management
||• 2 - 3 years directly related experience in a financial institution
• High school plus post-secondary courses or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Solid understanding of credit products and procedures with previous experience structuring and granting credit
• Basic understanding of mutual funds working towards a solid understanding
• Solid understanding of investment products and procedures
• Mutual funds license or CSC licensing eligibility considered an asset
• Financial planning courses considered an asset
• Previous call centre experience preferred
||• Customer focused
• Proactive self-starter and self-learner
• Team oriented / Team player
• Self-managed / Motivated
• Decision maker
• Inquisitive / Resourceful
• Positive outlook
• Responsible / Trustworthy