Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell A Friend
||In a senior advisory capacity, this position is responsible for fostering valued relationships with assigned clients by promoting financial wellness across all credit, investment, insurance and banking product/service lines appropriate to life stage or life event. In doing so, the Financial Advisor will link in their specialist partners in the investment and insurance areas to bring their knowledge and expertise to address member needs and to develop a personal financial plan.
Through ongoing profiling of client/potential clients, and ensuring adherence to the Client Intimacy (CI) strategy, the Financial Advisor uncovers and acts upon both short and long term needs to enhance and develop new relationships that enhance both the client’s financial well-being and contribute to organizational growth. As a Financial Advisor you will have or be working toward your Certified Financial Planner designation.
||• Proactively manages the relationship with assigned clients and provides a lifespring™ level of advice to help clients/potential clients take action to create/maintain financial wellness. Through ongoing profiling of clients/potential clients, uncovers and acts upon appropriate sales opportunities that contribute to organizational growth and enhance clients’ financial wellness. Acts as an advocate for BlueShore Financial.
• Conducts interviews with clients to clarify short-term and long-term financial goals and objectives by confirming risk tolerance levels, clarifying financial goals and identifying challenges and opportunities.
• Promotes and completes the sale for a full range of deposit, investment, and lending products within assigned portfolio.
• Grants mortgages, consumer loans and other loans within assigned lending limits for assigned portfolio. Promotes the sales of credit insurance. Makes appropriate recommendations to manager for credit above limits.
• As a registered mutual fund sales person, promotes and sells all types of mutual fund products (up to $100,000).
• Identifies potential needs of clients and acts as a liaison between the clients and specialists in investments (mutual funds over $100,000 and full-service brokerage), insurance (not credit insurance), and advanced tax planning.
• Proactively and effectively uses all tools available, especially our CRM software, to provide seamless service to clients and contribute to BlueShore Financial’s growth.
• Keeps informed on all BlueShore Financial products and services, competitors’ products and current economic conditions to help determine the impact on clients and BlueShore Financial.
• Effectively and proactively works with Advisory Associate, other team members, central support areas, and within the community to enhance relationships inside and outside the Credit Union to achieve business results. Acts as a mentor and leader with peers and with less senior employees.
• Adheres to safety and security policies and procedures to protect the clients and credit union interests regarding transaction processing. Operates within transaction approval limits. Follows fraud/forgery/counterfeiting and cheque cashing guidelines. Adheres to premises security and robbery procedures.
• Ensures confidentiality of credit union/client records.
• Ensures ongoing learning to excel in member service. Ensures personal development plan is current. Acts upon learning opportunities to maximize contributions.
||• BlueShore Financial’s core and specialized products and services (includes deposit and credit products)
• Ethical and third party mutual funds
• End-user computer programs (CRM, Knowledge Xchange, MS Office products, etc.)
• Effective business planning techniques including time management, multi-tasking, short and long range planning to meet objectives.
• Client Service
• Effective relationship management
• Advisory Services
• Demonstrated ability to provide Client Intimate service at the lifespring™ level to clients and achieve or exceed desired results.
||• Minimum of Personal Financial Planner (PFP) designation and/or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Designation (preferred)
• Four to six years progressive experience in the financial services industry
• Mutual Funds Licence
• Proven investment and credit sales
• Complete knowledge of lending practices and procedures; BlueShore Financial’s investment products and procedures; and BlueShore Financial’s core banking products
• Complete knowledge of Credential Asset Management products and procedures
• Completely familiar with the FA regard playbook
||Base annual salary – market competitive (based on skills, knowledge and credentials) as well as a competitive benefits package.
Financial recognition for CFP
Incentive/awards earnings of up to 100%+ of base salary based on a combination of performance and results targets comprised of:
• Financial growth in key areas (credit, investment and insurance) and,
• Targeted relationship and loyalty-building activities (financial plans, advice giving, business development and branch/community initiatives, client satisfaction/advocacy)
• Book size growth and relationship value