Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Director of Production - Manufacturing
||Director of Production
• overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
• ensuring that the production is cost effective;
• making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality;
• working out the human and material resources needed;
• drafting a timescale for the job;
• estimating costs and setting the quality standards;
• monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
• monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes;
• liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
• working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
• supervising and motivating a team of workers;
• reviewing worker performance;
• Identifying training needs.
- Knowledge of company products, competitors’ products and product standards
- Ability to execute plans/projects through others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to compose business, financial and accounting reports
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) program
- Bilingual French and English; written and spoken
||- Ensures that process and quality controls are consistently observed; encourages staff recommendations to optimize processes whenever possible.
- Supervises assigned employees including training and employee development; assigning employees to specific departments to meet production demands; rewarding and disciplining employees; actively monitor work load to achieve appropriate labor expense; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices and ensures that employees observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injuries or damage; actively involved in safety meetings and solicits recommended changes to improve safety procedures.
- Executing on time and on budget delivery of production orders by directing suppliers and internal resources.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and trouble shoot and resolve equipment malfunction; maintain the high level of expected organization and neatness in the prefinish, interior and exterior prehang departments.
- Maximizes productivity by following best practices. Continually looks for ways to reduce cost and waste from all production processes.
- Works directly with sales and purchasing to clarify details on orders so production is built as accurately and timely as possible.
- Works directly with dispatch to insure orders are produced on time for customer deliveries.
- Supervises assigned employees including staff selection and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; conduct performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving reviews.
- Creating and maintaining activity and progress reports for internal and external customers.
- Initiating contact and working with internal team/customer to develop the proper timeframe.
- Setting proper expectation with the customer for the beginning and end date/times of a project. Tracking all budget related information to include but not limited to billable hours and expenses. Ensuring the success of the project while remaining within the scoped time and budget.
- Representing the company as a single point of contact for all aspects of the project or engagement. Properly notifying management staff of any pending or current escalations relating to the project or items that could impact the success of the project.
- Other duties may be assigned.
||• 5+ years working in retail display and millwork
• Must have understanding retail display materials and manufacturing processes
• Ability to act under pressure to develop critical paths for projects
• Extremely organized and can maintain and manage all details of projects including budgets.
• Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed.
• Excel within fast paced, high energy environments