Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Great Boutique Law Firm requires experience Legal Secretary/Paralegal to work with Partner. Experience in Real estate, mortgages, litigation required.
||• The successful candidate will provide significant assistance and project management support to the commercial litigation attorney (Partner), including: scoping, issuing, tracking and updating legal holds; managing and organizing the collection of discovery materials; gathering and tracking information from various sources; providing budgeting support, especially with regard to discovery costs; locating and interviewing witnesses and persons knowledgeable about the subject matter of litigation; and preparing reports concerning litigated matters.
• Direct communication with clients and defendants;
• Meeting with defendants;
• Direct dealings with property managers;
• Direct dealings with notaries, appraisers and real estate agents;
• Preparation of default notices and legal proceedings (Motions, Affidavits, Exhibits, Evictions, Seizures, Sales of Immovables, Bill of Costs, etc.);
• Performing searches on the RDPRR, Land Registry, Plumitif etc.; publication of notices and judgments at the Land Registry Office
||• Specifically, the position requires substantial experience with electronic discovery in complex commercial litigation, from issuing legal holds to working with electronic review and production platforms to the final production of documents. An understanding of or familiarity with discovery technology, including various types of electronic data and review tools is required. Good project management and organization skills, including attention to detail.
Knowledge of Litigation Highway software is an asset.
• He/she should have strong business acumen, good common sense. Excellent Bilingual (French and English) communication skills (both oral and written), superior attention to detail and sound judgment. He/she must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Also required are an ability to work in an often stressful environment, and an ability to balance often competing demands on available time, while always maintaining good interpersonal skills. Additionally, the successful candidate must think quickly and analytically and have the ability to manage multiple priorities under short deadlines.
• The successful candidate will have 5 - 7 years of experience as a legal assistant or litigation paralegal, with significant experience in working on complex commercial litigation involving extensive electronic discovery and with electronic review and production platforms.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||competitive salary and full benefits (100% paid by employer)