Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||a privately owned business providing in-store signage solutions to retail chains for over 25 years, is seeking a controller to assume responsibility for the accounting and administration functions in their growing company and become an active, supportive, member of the management team.
||• Manage the full accounting cycle for the group of legal entities, analyze and produce the financial results
• Prepare monthly financial statements and interpret financial information on a timely basis, project profit margin analysis and special analyses as required
• Produce highly relevant, accurate and user-friendly management reports and working papers
• Closely supervise the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll functions
• Prepare annual operating budget and monitor and report on progress throughout the operating year.
• Review and assess current accounting practices and recommend / implement improvements to internal controls and business processes
• Prepare year-end financial working papers for external accountant
• Oversee GST/QST, payroll deductions at source, and other government filings processes
• Oversee some general human resources and administration functions
||• The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, hands-on, manager with operational experience in an entrepreneurial (small medium size business) environment, and a strong customer orientation
• Accounting designation (CGA, CA, CMA) is required
• Inquisitive with very strong analytical skills
• Able to solve accounting issues and able to coach employees to do so
• Strong desire to improve business and accounting processes and to develop and improve internal control standards
• Experience with computerized accounting systems, specific experience with Adagio accounting software an asset
• Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Bilingualism: Fluent in English and minimum functional French
• Strong communications skills, written and verbal
• Displays good judgment and business knowledge
• Works accurately with strong attention to detail
• Works effectively with minimal supervision, works well in a team environment
• MUST be able to prioritize and multitask, able to meet deadlines
This is an opportunity to advance your career by making a visible contribution to the bottom-line of a business and to establish a solid track record of achievements. While you will be operating independently, you will have access to mentorship, guidance and direction from an experienced CFO. You will also have the opportunity to assume greater responsibility and involvement in corporate tax and other financial matters as the organization grows.
We encourage you to apply if you are a self-starter who takes initiative to contribute beyond core responsibilities.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
The company offers competitive compensation and benefits package, flexible work schedule and support for professional designation development requirements and dues.