|Job Details / Détails du poste
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Country / Pays
|Title / Titre
||Senior Software Quality Assurance Consultant
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
||We are seeking a Senior Software Quality Assurance Consultant, an innovative thinker, a positive, proactive and readily embraces change. The successful candidate will be accountable for learning the software testing methodology, and working with business analysts, developers and project managers to ensure quality products are delivered to the business. You must have a passion for software testing, desire to explore, willingness to troubleshoot, and a commitment to continuous learning. A strong desire to have fun would be an asset!
This is a fulltime position.
|Responsibilities / Responsabilités
• Develop and implement highly effective, strategic test plans to expose as much quality related information as possible within program timeframes;
• Drive testing activities based on a solid understanding of the business drivers, business needs, business risks, technical solution and technical risks with an awareness of the expectations of the quality characteristics for the software;
• Leverage diverse testing approaches (session based test management, scripted testing, unscripted testing, etc) as appropriate;
• Utilize test framing and test modeling techniques to demonstrate test coverage;
• Perform system and system integration testing as appropriate (including functional, integration, regression, usability, compatibility, reliability, etc forms of testing);
• Report progress of testing including a representation of software quality to leadership teams, project managers, and stakeholders as required;
• When required, provide test leadership to specific initiatives overseeing the testing effort;
• Provide coaching to other members of the team as appropriate;
• Keep on top of the latest technical and emerging testing industry trends and be an active member of the industry;
• In collaboration with the Test Managers, define and institutionalize ongoing quality improvement practices for the department;
• Be accountable for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance of Testing Processes;
• Ensure the appropriate use of test automation and testing tools.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum 7 years experience in a software development environment including 5+ years experience in Software Testing;
• Hands-on knowledge of Software Testing methodologies and practices;
• Proven detail-oriented personality along with analytical and problem solving abilities;
• Familiarity with testing tools and utilities;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations;
• A credit and criminal check will be required.
|Requirements / Exigences
||Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience with Agile;
• Experience with Oracle and MSSQL Server database environments including SQL query/script
• Familiarity working within various Operating Systems including Windows Server and Unix (including batch/shell scripting, basic Unix commands, IIS and Windows service administration);
• Experience with Web Service Testing (REST and SOAP);
• Experience with Enterprise System Bus (ESB) implementations;
• Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse implementations;
• Experience with programming languages;
• Experience developing custom automated and non-automated test harnesses;
• Experience with load and performance test tools and methodologies;
• Knowledge of web application security and penetration test tools/techniques;
• Usability research and testing experience;
• Knowledge of the telecommunications industry including cable, internet, telephony and wireless is an asset with experience in several of the following highly regarded:
• Risk Management;
• Revenue Assurance.
|Functional Area / Secteur fonctionnel
||Quality Assurance [Assurance qualité]
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Full-Time / Temps plein
|Date Added / Date ajoutée
|Years Experience / Nombre d’années d’expérience