|Title / Titre
||Intermediate/Senior Project Manager
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client requires the services of up to three Senior or Intermediate Project Managers who will provide project management services related to one of their department’s initiatives for this contract role.
Start Date: June 17, 2013
End Date: May 31, 2014 (with the possibility of two additional 1 year extensions on the same terms and conditions)
Our client is initiating several projects to bring about improvements in one of their departments. These will be predominantly business improvement initiatives with a focus on the business processes and workflows, using technology as an enabler. The planning for several initiatives has been completed, and the department would now like to proceed with executing the projects. The role of the project manager will be to initiate the project, assemble the appropriately skilled team, prepare a project charter, and execute the project to meet the defined objectives. The initial term of the engagement will involve the planning and initiation of the project, with possible extensions to cover execution and completion of the project based on approval of the project charter.
The desired outcomes of the project are:
- Prepare and gain approval of a project charter;
and, subject to project approval and contract extension;
- Implementation of the project charter to successfully meet the project objectives within the specified timeframes;
- Project closure and transition of work to the organization responsible for ongoing operation of the business processes.
Reporting to the Director, Planning and Policy Services, the resources will be responsible for managing projects to a successful conclusion within the specified timeframes. The Project Manager(s) will establish and follow a set of practices that ensure the integrity and quality of project work products. Employing standard project management disciplines as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the Project Manager will plan, manage and allocate resources, shape priorities, coordinate interactions with clients and users, and keep the project team focused.
The project duties and scope for this specifically include:
- Project conceptualization and definition;
- Project planning, estimating and resourcing;
- Project charter creation/refinement;
- Project monitoring and reporting including issue and risk management;
- Leading project initiation and review meetings;
- Leading and facilitating project workshops;
- Coordinating process re-design workshops; and
- Project Management Disciplines:
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Financial Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Governance Management
- Integration Management
- Release/Delivery Management.
- 5 years demonstrated experience as a Project Manager initiating, planning, monitoring, controlling and closing several projects as described by PQR section 3.2.1 (3) at the senior or intermediate level.
- 3 years experience leading and managing a portfolio of integrated projects.
- 3 years demonstrated experience leading and facilitating meetings and workshops for project related activities (e.g. Project Initiation, Scope Management, Requirements Definition).
- 3 years demonstrated experience with managing projects in a large and complex environment.
- 4 years proven ability to work successfully with both business and technical staff.
- 3 years experience reporting to and presenting to senior management.
- Current Project Management Certification (PMP).
- 3 years practiced experience with PMI PMBOK methods.
- 3 years experience creating project charters, including project scope, schedule, budget, objectives, risks.
- 3 years experience identifying, assessing, documenting, and presenting alternative solutions to business problems.
- 3 years experience with issue and risk management approaches and tools.
- 2 years experience and knowledge with Government of Alberta Enterprise Architecture (GAEA) or similar Corporate Architectures, and all associated best practices, methods, standards, tools, policies, and processes.
- 5 years strong problem solving and analytical skills; Ability to work in a dynamic, fast pace environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- 5 years proven ability to communicate effectively (spoken and written).
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office tools, SharePoint. 3 years
- 1 year experience with cost estimation standards and tools.
- Degree/Diploma in related field.
|Date Added / Date ajoutée