|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client in the Broadcasting Sector requires a Digital Media Producer for this permanent position.
Start Date: ASAP
The Digital Media Producer defines our client’s digital and social media strategy, oversees expansion into new media content platforms, and fosters a digital culture and sensibility throughout the organization. The Digital Media Producer, along with the Marketing Manager & Program Directors is part of a team that will oversee content for all the client’s stations.
Reporting to our client’s Marketing Manager he/she will ensure that the client is on the cutting edge of new technologies and devices and oversee delivery of our content to all emerging platforms, devices and applications. This position requires a digital expert with a sound vision of where the media industry is going and a keen understanding of the potential impact of applicable technologies and social media, as well as a good understanding of and commitment to the core values of Christian radio.
responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Help develop vision and strategy for our digital operations
- Provide the knowledge and technical skill to add cutting-edge applications and functionality to the web and digital/mobile infrastructure, utilizing the most effective and engaging technologies to empower this two-way communication with our audience
- Work with promotions & programming teams to ensure that we have exciting, appealing, current digital content that will encourage audience engagement and grow audience through social media; ensure proper elements are online and in digital platforms for contesting and promotions and monitor station blog, event postings and interactive elements.
- Oversee implementation of digital technologies as they are used in marketing and outreach campaigns the client and leverage new and existing technologies
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of all station websites using a centralized, template-based web interface.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to tailor web site content to increase website traffic and maximize interactive sales
- Enter and maintain web-based advertising orders and ensure they are presented according to client agreements
- Ensure that all web elements of sales-driven promotions are executed in the manner expected and agreed upon with sponsor businesses (with direction from Marketing Manager and Sales Manager)
- Generate ideas and processes for supplemental web content
- Monitor and utilize analytics throughout the range of digital platforms, including the web, to determine what works best in serving our audience
- Work with technical developers to produce the digital applications and content feeds for iPhone, iPad, Android, cell phones, smart phones, eReaders, tablets and other devices
- Evaluate and recommend open source technologies as appropriate solutions that can help power the digital mission of the client, reducing cost when possible
- Work with Sales and Marketing Department to advance strategies to monetize digital platforms
- Ensure staff is up to date on best practices, tools and client standards for digital content
- Maintain email database and all web-based directories (including advertisers)
- Create graphic design content as needed and directed for station promotions and sales components
- Create video content for website and social media sites as directed
- Embrace, demonstrate and promote the mission, values and attributes of our client.
- Other duties as needed and assigned
- Demonstrated experience in use of new content technologies in a news and information environment
- Experience editing and working with audio & video and an understanding of the interface between audio and online applications (e.g. encoding sound for the web, podcast streams and apps).
- Ability to successfully manage complex technical projects
- Familiar with a wide variety of web and digital technologies and their applications, including an understanding of cutting-edge and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability with content formats, including XML, HTML and a wide variety of open source technologies
- Ability to learn new technical skills quickly and understand their application in a media organization
- Demonstrated understanding of adobe creative cloud software, MAC and PC platforms
- Graphic design experience an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team orientation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve desired goals; comfortable delegating as well as rolling up their sleeves to help get the job done
- A highly motivated, self-starting strategic thinker, possessing vision and the willingness to challenge, stretch and be a change agent in the evolution of the company
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency required to meet deadlines and work productively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills; confident and professional presentation ability.
- B.A. in relevant field or equivalent experience
|Date Added / Date ajoutée