Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
Our Edmonton client requires Trainers for upcoming projects
The Trainer participates in programs and projects where training needs are identified. This role is responsible for the design and delivery of a variety of training courses, both technical and non-technical, and will involve creating pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs and seizing opportunities for continuous improvement in individual, team, business unit and organizational performance.
Specific duties include preparation and facilitation of training courses both live and on-line to include the design of instructional materials for training designs and participant materials. Responsible for performing miscellaneous duties related to training and development.
Resources require the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Ability to prepare and execute training plans
- Ability to research, write behavioral objectives and training materials
- Ability to use a variety of learning/training concepts and principles along with knowledge of adult learning
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Communication and teamwork
- Excellent one-on-one and group presentation and facilitation skills
- Information search and research skills
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Questioning and feedback skills
- Customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiative
- Solid project and time management skills
- Computer competence and the ability to use media effectively
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow.
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience as a trainer in a classroom setting – 1 year
- Experience developing training plans – 1 year
- Experience developing and delivering training materials – 1 year
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience developing communication strategies and plans.
- Experience developing computer-based training materials
- Experience developing computer-based training video using Adobe Captivate, Blackboard, Moodle or equivalent.
- Experience providing voice overlay for computer-based training using Adobe Soundbooth or equivalent.
- Experience using Smart Technologies
- Experience using MS Office 2007 products
- Experience using MS Office 2010 products.
- Experience developing and delivering Industry Standard based training documents, i.e. ITIL, ISO, COBIT
- Experience developing and delivering ITM control based training (i.e. policies, procedures, standards, guidelines)
- Experience delivering training sessions via web-based interactive technology i.e. Live Meeting.
- Very good written and oral communication skills (verifiable via reference checks).
- Experience working on multiple tasks at a time.
- Experience developing and delivering training on Enterprise applications.
- Experience developing and delivering training in an Enterprise Architecture Environment.
- Experience with secure exchange of electronic documents between stakeholders.
- Experience developing training material on custom built line of business applications.
- Experience developing and delivering training material for the Government of Alberta.
- Experience developing and delivering training material for the Education and/or Advanced Education sector.