|Title / Titre
||Junior Quality Assurance Analyst
As a member of the EFS Quality Assurance (QA) Team, the incumbent is responsible for providing quality assurance of EFS software. The incumbent may also be required to work collaboratively with other EFS staff (Business Analysts or SysAdmins) to complete software testing projects. Software in scope for this QA testing team includes HP Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Center, TurnKey Accelerator, HP LoadRunner, Oracle Application Replay Pack, Oracle eBusiness Suite, Khalix, Sabrix, Hyperion, Oracle Business Intelligence, and the Markview Accounts Payable workflow software.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of automated test scenarios and test scripts to target functionality, security, performance and reliability weaknesses using Visual Basic and C programming languages, Business Processes Testing, and Oracle Application Replay Packs.
- Responsible for providing guidance on testing strategies, setting up the testing framework and maintenance of a library of test cases and test scripts in QC, creating and running automated test scripts, retaining defect logs, providing training and support in house testing software, maintaining and tracking run results, and creating and distributing reports for any systems changes from the EFS client base.
- Responsible for investigating and implementing in a timely fashion a software quality assurance strategy to use the following testing software applications (HP Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Center, TurnKey Accelerator, HP LoadRunner, and Oracle Application Replay Pack), and making recommendations to management to improve effectiveness and sustainability for EFS.
- Responsible to identify and recommend action plans to resolve testing gaps and/or overlaps including sourcing other EFS resources outside the QA Team, and if required support the execution of the action plans.
- Accountable for always providing testing documentation as per the QA Team’s processes.
- Responsible to identify and recommend quality assurance process improvements.
- Accountable to communicate effectively in a timely fashion with EFS team members or business clients as required.
- Responsible for implementing any new testing software consistent as per the strategy above.
- Responsible to provide guidance to our clients on the use of adequate and appropriate test scenarios based on industry standard quality assurance best practices.
- Responsible for supporting the Senior QA to liaise with other testing departments and QA practitioners across the company in order to standardize methods and tools within the company.
- Approx. 7,000 employees as potential users in four different Business Units, in 4 major locations, and across 3 different time zones.
- Approx. 64 EFS staff members
- Systems Environment: Oracle Financials (over 10 modules), Khalix, Sabrix, Hyperion, Oracle BI, & Markview; 55 interfaces and complex integration requirements with over 30 disparate applications/sub-systems across Enbridge.
- Quality Assurance Software: HP Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Center, TurnKey Accelerator, HP LoadRunner, and Oracle Application Replay Pack
- Multiple test environments utilized for development and testing.
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- 1-3 years of software programming knowledge in Visual Basic and C programming languages.
- 1-3 years of experience in writing, executing and maintaining automated test scenarios and test scripts preferably with HP Quick Test Professional and LoadRunner software.
- Familiarity with different phases of SDLC and Testing Methodologies.
- Strong understanding of current best practices in software testing.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS functionality/modules (listed above) is highly desirable.
- Strong ability in resolving complex business/systems issues.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and self-manage work and priorities
All candidates MUST be available for in-person interviews in Edmonton