|Title / Titre
||Senior Procurement and Contract Management Consultant
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Start Date: April 1, 2013
End Date: March 31, 2015 (with possibility of a one year extension by client with same terms and conditions)
Our Edmonton client is seeking a Senior Procurement and Contract Management Consultant for this contract role.
IMAGIS (Alberta Government Integrated Management Information System) is the GoA’s mission-critical Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software which provides financial and human resource systems for the GoA ministries and some agencies. In operation since the late 1990s, IMAGIS represents a significant financial investment on behalf of the GoA. IMAGIS operates on a foundation of Oracle/PeopleSoft business applications, comprises a broad range of IT and business functions, and is delivered by an external Application Service Provider (ASP). It contributes to the effectiveness of every GoA ministry as well as some boards and agencies. The client manages IMAGIS on behalf of the GoA, overseeing delivery of quality services that meet ministry and GoA corporate business needs.
More than 10,000 employees of government utilize IMAGIS to carry out their daily job functions within the Finance and Human Resource business areas. All employees (30,000+) utilize IMAGIS to access self-service functionality for activities such as viewing pay cheque information and leave balances, reporting time away from work or applying for GoA courses. In addition, IMAGIS houses the functionality to support the GoA’s job board which is utilized by individuals all over the world as they apply for jobs with the Government of Alberta.
The Consultant will ensure the completion of compliant, accurate, timely, and high quality documents. Experience in writing and working with the RFP and business case development process is essential. The GoA will provide sufficient staff to contribute to the writing of the documents and supporting the process. The Consultant will be responsible to:
- Work with Branch and Ministry staff, key stakeholders and Ministry partners to coordinate and lead the creation of all documentation and related processes;
- Provide weekly progress reports comparing actual progress with the plan, identifying issues and risks that jeopardize successful task completion;
- Work with the appropriate resources to facilitate meetings, assist in the development of evaluation plans and evaluation criteria;
- Develop any necessary business cases for review and endorsement by Executive;
- Develop the necessary procurement documents (RFCs, RFI, EOI and RFPs including associated appendices) for release;
- Work with various business analysts, internal and external subject matter experts and stakeholder representatives as necessary to prepare responses to vendor questions regarding procurement document contents and gather information in developing business cases;
- Participate in the preparation of communications to key project stakeholders;
- Ensure that all documents (e.g. procurement) adhere to Government of Alberta procurement rules and best practices;
- Facilitate elements of the proposal evaluation processes including, but not limited to, vendor consultation sessions, solution demonstrations and internal meetings required for the evaluation process; and
- Perform other writing, coordination and research activities needed to support decision making.
- 5 years - Demonstrated experience as a Senior Procurement and Contract Management Consultant with an understanding of Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and best practices
- 2 Samples - Clear and concise, business related, written communication skills where the resource is the sole or primary author, to be demonstrated by attaching samples of written materials to the response, and further supported by the references the consultant provides. Samples provided should be related to the Services (e.g. business cases, RFPs, etc.).
- 2 projects - Demonstrated participation and leadership in complex negotiation and procurement processes related to the solicitation process for an ERP provider. The projects participated in must have been broad reaching (e.g. complex with many stakeholders) with a demonstrated impact to multiple stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge and experience of Canadian public-sector procurement policy, guidelines and procedures - 2 years
- Knowledge and experience of Government of Alberta ministry policies and procedures; government legislations and regulations to be able to identify, research and incorporate applicable governing policies and regulations and develop processes within these frameworks (e.g. Agreement on Internal Trade, FOIP, Public Service Act, Financial Administration Act, etc.) - 2 years
- Experience in managing and coordinating group activities to facilitate the creation of deliverable outputs - 2 years
- Experience preparing for and facilitating workshops to gather input from clients - 2 years
- Experience producing and packaging final deliverables for presentation (including business cases, RFCs, RFIs, ROIs and RFPs as well as associated appendices) - 2 years
- Experience in the production of project status reports which include issue and risk management activities - 2 years
|Date Added / Date ajoutée