Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||▲ Unix Admin (Solaris, RHEL)
||The UNIX/Linux administrator is part of the IT Infrastructure Assets Team, responsible for implementing and maintaining the UNIX / Linux Server and Technical Workstation environments. This position primarily includes day-to-day monitoring, customer support, administration and maintenance of these environments, under the guidance of Unix/Linux Senior Administrators.
This contract is currently a 3 month contract, but will probably be extended to 6 months. Also strong chance of being offered full-time to the right person.
||• Installation, Setup and Administration of the Unix/Linux environment
• Provides first and second level customer support.
• Monitors daily activities and logs
• Monitors Unix/Linux help desk queue.
• Apply established local and corporate security controls.
• Apply appropriate maintenance and patches according to planned schedules
• Ensure audit and system documentation is created and maintained
||• Shell and Perl Scripting experience required
• RHEL and Solaris experience required
• Knowledge of Oracle, NetApp or Networker Backup would be an asset.
• Customer-service oriented attitude
• Required to work during maintenance outages
• Proven ability to follow established internal/external controls and processes.
• Good written & verbal communication skills
• Strong team player
• Demonstrates initiative, pursues continued process improvement
• A post secondary education or equivalent work experience
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada