Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|Industry / Entreprise
||Oil and Gas
|City / Ville
|Country / Pays
|Title / Titre
||ITR 8161 10/8
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
||The Business Analyst will work closely with our Data team and apply their in-depth technical understanding and strong interpersonal skills to support the successful development and delivery of projects related to Business Intelligence, Data Integration and Data Warehousing technologies.
|Responsibilities / Responsabilités
||The Business Analyst role will be technical in nature – meaning you will leverage your technical know-how but will not be rolling up your sleeves to do things like development, etc.
On any given day this Business Analyst will perform the following tasks:
• Interact and build strong on-going relationships with business clients and Business Analysts involved in the development of solutions leveraging the technologies supported by the service.
• Actively participate with solution and service supplier stakeholders in the service portfolio by facilitating the successful throughput of projects (including the analysis, definition and refinement of requirements).
• Ensure detailed requirements are understood by the suppler service delivery team and are adequately documented to define the business solution.
• Ensure consistency with technology architecture and operational processes required to deliver effective services (capacity, security, etc)
• Act as the point of engagement with clients and liaise with the service supplier to ensure requirements are assessed and understood in order to complete service statements of work.
• Interact with clients to access projects to forecast and trend service demand pipeline (this includes the updating of scope and business case as demand plan is refined).
• Steward user acceptance testing to ensure a solution provided by the service is tested and accepted to meet the defined requirements.
• Collaborate with solution teams to align the business need and requirements to the Data Service and enterprise roadmaps and architectural standards.
• Utilize any knowledge, expertise and on-going project engagements with clients and the Business Analyst community to continually assess and identify gaps in service levels that will lead to measurable improvements.
• Understand the strategic direction of the Data Service and the tactical demand for technology managed within the service.
• Take a proactive approach in the strategic evolution of the service, influencing decisions and direction.
|Requirements / Exigences
||Skills and Qualifications
• Post secondary education in computer science, information technology or information management (or an alternate combination of appropriate work experience and education will be considered).
• 5+ years in technical data development utilizing enterprise level BI/Integration tool suites.
• 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis (including data requirements gathering related to the delivery of business solutions utilizing BI capabilities).
• 3+ years in service operations of data management technologies, i.e. Business Intelligence/Warehousing, Data Integration (ETL/EAI)
• Experience in data modeling, data warehouse design, development, support.
• Some previous hands-on development, solution design and support experience with SAP Business Objects v3.0, 4.0.
• An in-depth understanding of data within one or more of the following business domains: Finance, HR, Asset Management, Supply Chain Management or Regulatory.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills so as to be able to effectively and professionally communicate and interact with our business clients, vendors/suppliers and technical teams.
• Self-reliant/self-motivated and must work well in a dynamic team environment.
• Excellent Microsoft Office Suite experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Visio and Project.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
|Functional Area / Secteur fonctionnel
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Contract / Contractuel
|Date Added / Date ajoutée