Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client requires Solution Architects for upcoming projects
Solution Architects may be a member of a development team that is part of an enterprise architecture development program to provide professional services for delivering, maintaining, and evolving Ministry applications.
Resources require the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Self starting
- Analysis skills
- Ability to write and maintain technical documentation
- Communication and teamwork
- Designing components that will be used in the overall solution delivery for meeting the business needs.
- Ensuring the application architecture is aligned with the ministry and government enterprise architecture.
- Providing high quality expertise in architecting principles, approaches and procedures to effectively support the development of software applications in .NET environment on a timely basis.
- Participating in the development of the future vision for the application and will be a focal point of leadership and expertise in creating the application blueprints from which the developers will create software.
- Providing guidance and establishment of standards for web development practices and web usability practices.
- Performing research and development on new and evolving practices as needed to ensure applications will evolve gracefully over time.
- Determining architectural paths and guidance as appropriate.
- Delivering the architecture frameworks required for application development.
- Delivering a functioning and evolvable framework for developers.
- Working with teams to develop architectural requests & help translate them into detail design specifications.
- Performing in both, a development role and a leadership/mentoring role with the development team.
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience in an ICT environment – Five (5) years
- Broad industry experience including data architecture planning and management and associated methods and processes – Five (5) years
- Experience as a technical leader on client server or web-based projects – Two (2) years
- Experience in systems analysis and design in a client server or web-based development environment –Four (4) years
- Experience in designing applications in a Microsoft Windows Server environment – Two (2) years
- Experience in using .Net Technology in an MS SQL Server environment – Two (2) years
- Experience with enterprise architecture – One (1) year
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience with the Model-View-Presenter pattern
- Experience in application design in an N-Tier, COM/COM+ environment
- Experience in application design with Web Services including WCF
- Experience with facilitation of requirements/design work sessions.
- Experience performing architectural analysis, recommending improvements for development projects
- Experience determining coding standards across development projects
- Experience guiding usability practices on more than one development project
- Experience in a mentorship role on development projects
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Edition
- Experience with C#
- Experience with ASP.NET
- Experience with mobile applications
- Experience with Microsoft Biztalk
- Experience with unit testing, test-driven development and tools
- Experience with cascading style sheets
- Experience building custom user interface controls
- Experience in an environment with continuous integration (TFS Build, MSBuild or equivalents
- Experience with iterative development paradigms
- Experience with LINQ
- Experience with .NET Framework (current Microsoft supported version)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Sharepoint
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience using frameworks such as TOGAF and Zachmann in work activities
- Experience in creating enterprise roadmaps / planning roadmaps describing business services, enterprise services and technology services
- Experience chairing enterprise architecture collaboration groups working towards enterprise goals
- Experience writing enterprise strategies/presentations for executive level decision makers
- Experience with post-secondary education or education systems
- Experience with GAEA enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with AET’s LIFe/LIMS enterprise architecture framework
- Experience with COBIT
- Experience with ITIL
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Contract / Contractuel