|Title / Titre
||Senior Management Consultant
Start Date: February 1, 2013
End Date: January 31, 2014 (with a possibility, at the option of the client, to extend for up to one year on the same terms and conditions including price)
Description of Resource Duties
In order to ensure the successful implementation of a citizen-centred integrated service delivery approach, a Management Consultant is required to lead and support change management efforts related to implementation of Common Service Access In-Person sites as defined by the CCISD Model. In addition the Management Consultant will provide leadership and support to stakeholder engagement, workforce planning and training activities associated with the change
. The Management Consultant will report to the Director, Change Management, Stakeholder Engagement and Workforce Planning and will work closely with senior team members of the CSA Division to provide overall management and guidance of the change management process and methods.
The Management Consultant will play a key role in helping the Common Service Access Division meet business and schedule objectives. This individual will focus on helping people understand, accept and implement the new way of doing business – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary focus will be creating and implementing change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement.
The Management Consultant will be required to further develop and execute the following deliverables:
- A Change Management approach/model
- A Change Management and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy (Versions 2 and 3) including a revised stakeholder matrix.
- Specific plans that identify potential people-side of risks, anticipated points of resistance, and mitigation plans to address the concerns.
- A readiness and capacity assessment including the presentation of findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- An approach to building capacity in Human Services to support the change.
- An overarching risk assessment including an action plan with mitigating strategies.
- An updated stakeholder analysis and relationship map for both internal and external audiences that will specify the impacts, risks and level of involvement of each stakeholder group.
- A comprehensive stakeholder engagement approach and process (including tools and techniques) for the purpose of internal and external engagement that will build on awareness activities that have been completed to inform GoA management staff about the proposed integrated service delivery approach for social-based programming and provide a mechanism for feedback that is timely, meaningful, appropriate, transparent and effective for all parties involved.
- Leadership and direction to the development and delivery of:
- A Communications Strategy and Plan to support launch of the CSA In-Person sites that aligns with the over CSA Division Communications Strategy and Plan
- An HR Strategy and Plan to support launch of CSA In-person Sites
- A comprehensive Training Strategy and Plan and related tools to support launch of the CSA In-Person sites.
- A review of current and proposed GoA engagement activities that may overlap with Alberta Supports and identify possible opportunities for collaboration.
- Presentations on change management, engagement and other deliverables as requested.
- Strategies and tools to support managers, supervisors and staff through any changes resulting from the implementation of Alberta Supports.
- An evaluation method to gauge the success of implementing the Change Management and Engagement Strategy and subsequent work plans.
- Reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success including a detailed plan of action outlining how to review, reflect and celebrate throughout the change management and engagement process.
While the Management Consultant will not have supervisory responsibility, this individual will have to work though many others in the organization to succeed. The Management Consultant will act as a coach for managers and Senior leaders in helping them fulfill the role of change champion and support project teams in integrating the change management strategy and activities into their project plans. Where needed, the Management Consultant will also provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
Alberta Supports has invested in training select staff in the Ministry of Human Services in the methodology of Queens University IRC. While it is not mandatory that this methodology is applied to change efforts, it should be recognized that some individuals with whom this position will work with and support have had this training.
- Knowledge of, or training in Queens University IRC Change Management or equivalent recognized Change Management Training
- Demonstrated experience in a senior advisory position. (5 years)
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects in the areas of organizational development, change management and stakeholder engagement with emphasis in large complex service delivery environments. (5 years)
- Demonstrated skill in implementing change management, stakeholder engagement, strategic communications planning, tool development, and facilitation and presentation skills. (5 years)
- Experience coaching individuals and/or executives in leading organization change. (5 years)
- Experience in designing, organizing and facilitating change management projects and workshops (2 years)
- Proven ability to work as part of a team while maintaining positive relationships with all stakeholder levels including decision makers. (2 years)
- Experience leading and/or participating in the design and development of training plans and strategies (2 years)
- Experience and knowledge of the GoA (2 years)
- Change Management Professional designation
- Confirmation of the ability to commence services in early February 2013.