Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||Desktop Support Analyst
||This position is a valued team member of IT Operations team in Calgary. The primary focus of the Desktop Support Analyst is to take on IT assignments that support corporate clients in the Calgary area. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures regarding desktop support and troubleshooting. This role is expected to work with independence on standard assignments. This role may be required to assist with investigation, documentation or analysis of more complex issues requiring guidance by more senior level roles.
This is a six month contract starting July 1.
||• Deploy desktop computer hardware to employees throughout the Calgary downtown core
• Diagnose and repair hardware problems, set up, configure and test equipment. Perform preventative maintenance and install upgrades and options.
• Install Operating system and configure PC’s according to company standards for deployment
• Resolve technical support issues that cannot be resolved via telephone by Service Desk.
• Maintain an acceptable level of technical knowledge on our company’s applications and services.
• Analyze, document, and escalate critical issues to appropriate support groups.
• Maintain technical expertise and knowledge regarding upgrades and new hardware and software brought into the company.
• Proactively review calls through our Remedy support system.
• Monitor and ensure timely escalation of customer issues to internal organizations or vendors. Collaborate with other IT departments on assigned projects and issues.
• Assist in supervising contractors (office moves) and training of entry level Desktop Support Analysts
• Requires 2+ years of related experience.
• The ability to lift/carry/move weights up to 50lbs.
• Ability to stand, stoop, bend and kneel within small quarters.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain a friendly, professional relationship with clients.
• Graduation from a recognized post-secondary technical diploma program (SAIT, NAIT, Devry, Grant MacEwan Community College, etc.)