|Title / Titre
||Intermediate Server Analyst (Server Builds)
Our Edmonton client requires an Intermediate Server Analyst (Server Builds) for this long term contract.
Start Date: August 1, 2013
End Date: July 31, 2014 (with the possibility, at the option of the client, to extend the term for up to two years, on the same terms and conditions including pricing.)
Intermediate Server Analyst shall be responsible for day-to-day operations within the Government of Alberta GOA Server Environment, focusing on the deployment of Windows servers (virtual and physical) in the GOA Domain shared services environment.
The key role is to assist in the deployment of new Windows servers, both physical and virtual, within the server infrastructure and to work within existing procedures and guidelines to meet client business requirements. Excellent customer focus and client service skills, a proven ability to function in both individual and team environments, and exceptional technical troubleshooting and problem resolution skills are essential.
The prospective candidate requires a strong working knowledge of HP Proliant server hardware, racking and cabling requirements, as well as a good working knowledge of the Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems and familiarity with the setup of virtual servers in a VMware ESXi environment. Ability to learn and make use of an automated deployment process for the server OS is required.
The Intermediate Server Analyst may also participate in the weekly rotations for Server Duty Analyst and for Server On-Call Analyst.
Deliverables may include some or all of the following, in accordance with service level agreements:
- Adhere to all GoA established policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and practices.
- Perform new hardware and OS installations and upgrades;
- Plan for software and hardware upgrades;
- Develop and maintain documentation;
- Maintain operating systems and associated infrastructure software;
- Develop system related procedures.
- Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution;
- Establish proper communications with clients, vendors, and internal support groups.
- Provide required technical assistance and consultation to internal technical teams as well as other ministries.
- Participate in domain migrations, Hosting Proposal projects and requests for service (RFS).
- University Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline and/or applicable experience
- Demonstrated industry experience as a Windows Server Analyst (2003, 2008) 3 years
- Demonstrated industry experience using a Windows server deployment tool (2003, 2008) 2 years
- Demonstrated industry experience configuring virtual guests in a VMware ESXi environment (Version 4 or 5) using vCentre Server 2 years
- Demonstrated industry experience with HP ProLiant server platforms, including HP c7000 Blade enclosures using Hp VirtualConnect 2 years
- Proven customer focus, client service skills, communication skills (both verbal and written) (to be demonstrated at interview)
- Demonstrated experience functioning on an individual basis and in a team/group environment (to be demonstrated at interview)
- Exceptional technical troubleshooting and problem resolution skills (to be demonstrated at interview)
- Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends and/or during blocktime/change windows outside of normal business hours
- VMware 5.x Certification (VCP)
- Experience with Shavlik NetChk Protect 2 years
- Experience with HP Systems Insight Manager (SIM) 2 years
- Experience with BMC Remedy Action Request System (ITSM) 2 years
- Experience with Remote Access software (Terminal Services, VPN, Citrix) 2 years
- Experience working in local or provincial government environment
- Able to participate in a 7/24/365 on call rotation
- Familiarity with the GOA IT infrastructure, business direction, strategies, shared service initiatives and applications 2 years
- Available to start August 1, 2013