|Title / Titre
||Senior Management Consultant
Start Date: May 17, 2013 (Approximate)
End Date: March 31, 2014
Our Edmonton client requires a Senior Management Consultant for this 10 month contract.
The purpose of this project is to assist the Division in leading an initiative to find a replacement for their legacy legal time recording and reporting application and explore the possibility of integrating a number of different systems, including document/records management. Primary services provided will include management consulting services to assist in determining/documenting Divisional requirements, assessing available options, providing recommendations and assisting in drafting solicitation documents. Project management services will also be required to ensure the chosen solution is installed, configured and implemented according to the Division’s requirements and best practices.
- Develop a business case through a consultative approach with business sponsors and key stakeholders, identifying benefits and performance measure indicators.
- Lead the gathering, documenting and/or translation of high level and detailed business and functional requirements from a broad community of stakeholders, across the Division;
- Prepare and deliver presentations about initiatives or issues to the Division’s executives and staff, steering committees, project groups and other stakeholders.
- Provide quality assurance services throughout the business case development to ensure completeness and consistency of documentation.
- Identify risks associated with business cases and their implementation.
- Analyse gaps between requirements and available solutions, document results of analysis inappropriate format including business rules, workflow descriptions, data definitions, testplans and test cases.
- Present options and provide recommendations for a replacement solution, based on business case requirements and research of available solutions.
- Document initiative/project backgrounds, descriptions, environmental analyses, alternatives,impacts, risks, recommendations, implementation strategies, and approval processes.
- Assist the division with the creation and writing of solution solicitation documents.
- Work with project sponsors to develop a project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for committees, teams and project team members and to ensure the roles are appropriately resourced for the project duration.
- Collaborate with business area and IT leadership to develop a well-defined project plan that clearly states the project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements,risks, benefits and budget.
- Develop and execute a change management and communication plan for the entirety of the project.
- Lead regularly scheduled status meetings throughout the project life cycle. Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources.
- Facilitate closure of issues that cannot be resolved by project teams.
- Develop and maintain a project work schedule with activities, timelines, critical paths and resource requirements. Manage all activities against the project work schedule for the project duration. Review assigned tasks according to work plans with responsible team members.
- Closely monitor project status against the plan, identifying and managing variances via the project governance structure. Proactively monitor project progress and implement mechanisms, such as change control, to keep the project on track.
- Take responsibility for ongoing client satisfaction – manage peer-level client relationships (expectations, communications, negotiations, escalation, feedback, etc). Overcome hurdles including, conflicting interests, biases, and resistance to organizational change to ensure winwin solutions.
- Leading or assisting in the development, reviewing and updating of project deliverables, including but not limited to:
a) Business requirements;
b) Functional requirements;
c) Technical requirements;
d) Operational requirements; ande) Work Plans.
- In collaboration with project sponsors, assess whether the project achieved stated outcomes. Identify what changes can improve the implementation process and outcome of future projects that are similar.
Key deliverables expected from the successful Consultant’s resource include:
- Completed Business Case Documentation;
- Facilitation of requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders;
- Functional and Technical System Requirements Documents;
- Assistance with completion of solicitation documents (SOW, RFP etc.);
- Project Charter;
- Project Plan;
- Change Management and Communications Plan;
- Weekly project status reports; and
- Other deliverables as deemed necessary by the Project Lead for the successful delivery of the project.
- Must have management consulting experience. +7 years
- Must have project management experience. +7 years
- Must have experience working within the public sector on procurement and IT related projects. 2 similar public sector projects
- Must have experience working within a legal office environment with legal professionals. 2 previous work related projects.
- Must have experience soliciting business requirements from business stakeholders and translating/summarizing these into appropriate documentation. 7 years
- Must have experience in drafting solicitation related documents e.g. RFP, RFQ, SOW etc. 7 years
- Must have a Diploma or Certification in Project Management from an accredited institution. 2 years
- Experience working with the implementation of legal time recording and reporting software.
- Experience working with document, record and case management systems.
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, or any field related to the Services to be provided, from an accredited institution.
- Experience working within a team with minimal supervision and completing all work assignments on time according to schedule. 4 years
- Experience working with legal documents and related issues within a law office and applied technology for successful resolution. 2 Projects