Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
||British Columbia [BC]
|Title / Titre
||Senior Systems Analyst
||Our Vancouver based client requires a Senior System Analyst for a full time position.
The main focus of the resource will be to plan application maintenance and enhancements in a release structure as well as mentor existing resources in the skills of a Team Lead. Other support activities may include providing business knowledge and technical support. In general, key aspects of the role are:
Mentor system analysts with Team Lead skills.
• Develop and maintain a long-term strategy for meeting the business clients’ requirements for application support and development that takes into account business plans, priorities, and the capacity of the IT Branch for delivering change.
• Manage all changes to the application(s) in a controlled manner, to effect a smooth and timely transition for the clients and other support areas.
• Ensure that the application solutions to be acquired or developed are technically sound and address the business requirements. Aim to deliver the solutions in the best possible manner, with regard to maintainability and usability.
• Lead the development of application changes so that deadlines are met and clients receive the deliverables they expect on schedule.
• Supervise a team of system analysts dedicated to supporting the applications. In doing so, build a team that demonstrates capability and commitment to their responsibility. Team size varies from 4 – 8 analysts.
• Provide a support structure and the infrastructure required to keep the application(s) stable and available.
• Build an effective relationship with the clients in which they solicit and trust the team’s advice on the use of technology in relation to performance of their business.
• Develop strategies for incorporating new technology into the application development and maintenance environment.
• Troubleshoot and assist analysts and clients when they encounter difficulties with the different technologies used in the department.
• Identify client requirements and specify resulting system changes.
• Program planned enhancements.
• Ensure changes to the application meet our clients standards.
• Provide on call support after regular business hours on an as needed basis.
• Work with automated tools used to support the application.
• Supervisory/Mentoring duties are key to this position, and the successful resource will be responsible for providing direction on projects and/or tasks.
The successful candidate(s) must possess excellent interpersonal skills and experience in communicating directly with the client community, along with a proven ability to function within a team. Resources must also possess excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
Education and past experience should be in keeping with that required to fully understand the technical aspects of the tasks.
We will only consider candidates that are currently living in BC and are legally eligible to work in Canada.
Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted for further discussions
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||This position will pay in the range of $65,000 - $72,000 annually.