|Title / Titre
||Senior Business Architect
Start Date: February 22, 2013 End Date: February 21, 2014 (possibility of a 1 year extension by the client with the same terms and conditions)
Our Edmonton client is looking for a Senior Business Architect for this contract role.
Alberta’s social-based assistance programs were formed at different times, for different purposes and have evolved separately. Current service delivery models are program-focused and administered under rules that do not easily support citizens who may need to access or transition through services from multiple programs or ministries. This has created issues around different levels of program benefits, ease of client access, and the extent to which these programs work effectively, all of which in turn affect client outcomes. Citizens expect high-quality programs and services which are easy to access, respond to their needs and are readily available when needed.
To improve the level of integration, coordination and access, the four partnering Ministries have agreed to a vision of:
Moving social-based assistance programs towards a citizen-centered, aligned and integrated approach to program development and delivery that reduce gaps, simplify access and improve client outcomes.
This cross-ministry initiative is about developing and implementing a service delivery model that will take full advantage of new information and technology solutions such as Cúram software; improve the transition of clients from one ministry to the next through life events; streamline access to basic or specialized services; automate routine tasks; and enhance administrative efficiencies.
The initiative is moving to implementation and requires a Project Director to help setup, plan, and manage the implementation.
The Business Architect Resource will be involved in both business and technology related design/development within the Alberta Supports Initiative. The Business Architect Resource will also assist in collecting business requirements, establishing standards, processes and procedures based on best practices that align with organizational objectives.
Each successful Business Architect Resource will be required to perform duties and achieve goals as listed below:
- Establish and participate in design reviews, business reengineering sessions, and issue management meetings – ensuring correct interpretation of function requirements;
- Contribute to the definition and development of the enterprise architecture framework, and associated corporate solution design and delivery methods, thus improving the proactive alignment of the Business Architecture;
- Develop common business processes and requirements that support the Alberta Supports Initiative vision and service delivery requirements;
- Perform business analysis to define business and user needs and requirements, on various project teams, as assigned;
- Maintain a strong linkage with project Managers and other key business stakeholders;
- Identify and document key business drivers, strategies, and requirements that affect the Alberta Supports initiative;
- Assist with or facilitate workshops to define new processes, gather requirements, including developing workshop materials, agenda and reports, as required;
- Review and assist with project management documentation (issues, changes, and risks) and providing feedback;
- Document the results of the analysis in an appropriate format including business rules, workflow descriptions, data definitions, test plans and test cases;
- Assist in the development, review and update of project deliverables, including but not limited to:
o Business options documents;
o Business Process Flows
o Feasibility studies;
o Business requirements;
o Functional requirements;
o Work & Test plans;
- Participate with various business groups to redefine and map business processes, including records and information management processes;
- Development and execution of evaluation and performance measurement processes;
- Participate/lead in the development of testing strategies, test plans, and test cases to ensure smooth transition into training and deployment;
- Collaborate with project team members involved in application development;
- Participate on divisional/ministry initiatives that impact business solutions, as required;
- Training Program Design – working with the project team in preparing objectives, defining content, and selecting and sequencing activities;
- Other duties as directed by the Minister or Minister's agents.
- Related Degree or Diploma
- 5 years experience performing business analysis and business architecture work for similar projects as described in the Description of Services.
- 5 years experience and knowledge with similar business process re-engineering (BPR) initiatives, and BPR best practices methods, tools, policies, and processes.
- Experience with citizen centered service delivery within the Government of Alberta or similar public sector entities.
- 2 years experience in designing, organizing and facilitating successful requirements gathering workshops and documenting detailed business and functional requirements.
- 5 years experience working in multiple concurrent projects to implement solutions that enable information sharing across multiple business entities and stakeholders.
- 5 years proven ability working as part of a team in a matrix environment while maintaining positive relationships with all levels of stakeholders including high-level decision makers.
- 5 years experience leading and/or participating in the design and development of training plans and testing strategies for both business processes and technical solutions.
- 5 years experience and knowledge of Business Architecture and Information Management & Information Technology (IM/IT) Strategies for the GoA or for organizations of similar size, and complexity.
- Confirmation of the ability to commence services on early February 22, 2013