|Title / Titre
||Project Manager (Intermediate)
Start Date: August 1, 2013
End Date: July 31, 2014 (with the possibility, at the option of the client, of 2 extensions of up to 12 months each, on the same terms and conditions)
The Government of Alberta is seeking 3 Intermediate Project Managers for this contract opportunity.
The Project Manager will work along side, and represent the client's Project Manager Group (PMG) interests to various project stakeholders and represent corporate and project interests in developing strong customer relations. The Project Manager’s primary role will be in planning, coordination, development and delivery of IT Infrastructure project deliverables for ministry focus. Projects are managed from the analysis/pre-planning phase through to the implementation and closure phase. The Project Manager will review and understand policies, business rules, data requirements and supporting system processes and ensure the objectives and schedules align with client’s goals and objectives.
The Project Manager will assist with recommendations to include details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
As a member of the PMG Team the Project Manager will deliver or assist in the delivery of the following:
- To compile business/project plans to support activities, including the most suitable approach to be used in the development of each infrastructure based project to ensure business objectives and data integrity are achieved.
- To assist with recommendations to include details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal / external influences and the methodology to be applied.
- To produce and package deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other project stakeholders.
- To develop processes and techniques, which support the department in collecting and maintaining quality data and lead working groups.
- Develop hosting proposals on behalf of the Project Management Group to client ministries.
- Where required:
- Develop business cases
- Evaluate business cases
- Analyze alternatives
- Implementation Strategy
- To develop project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans for completion of project tasks.
- To develop detailed Business Team task plan to identify tasks, resources and target date schedules.
- To provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of project tasks.
- To develop training methodology for support staff and end-users
- To develop related operational documentation as required
- University graduation with a degree in Computer Science, or two-year diploma in a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution (yes/no)
- Experience in project management of IT infrastructure based projects (2 years)
- Demonstrated experience working for a Project Management team (yes/no)
- Have working knowledge in writing Government IT infrastructure proposals (yes/no)
- Working knowledge of project delivery, methodology and documentation for Government IT projects (yes/no)
- Demonstrated experience as a Program Manager managing multiple simultaneous projects in a single or multi-stakeholder and/or multi-vendor environment (5 years)
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating meetings and communicating with senior management and project stakeholders (5 years)
- Experience working in a government environment (2 years)
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams on IT infrastructure hosting design and analysis (2 years)
- Demonstrated experience in developing communication plans (5 years)
- Demonstrated experience in developing project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans for completion of project tasks (4 years)
- Experience with ITSM service management or similar service management tools (2 years)
- Experience in MS Project, PowerPoint, and other office products (3 years)
- Have vehicle for travel to customer sites (yes/no)