|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Start Date: June 1, 2013
End Date: December 31, 2013
Our Edmonton Enterprise client in the Oil and Gas industry is seeking a Senior Development Analyst (Software Development) for this 7 month contract role.
Accountable for the design, implementation, testing, documentation and support of software development projects for the IT Software Development Team (.NET) which performs software development projects and related services for our client, in the area of:
- Custom SharePoint, ASP.NET, and full feature client applications.
- Custom solutions for application integration / business logic.
- Custom web and software components for existing tools and applications.
- Software development tools enhancements and management.
- Accountability for the implementation of business software development projects supporting all business units to ensure that software meets business needs and is delivered successfully within the framework of IT projects.
- Accountable for the design, testing and documentation of new business software, or functional enhancements to existing business software.
- Mentor junior and intermediate level developers.
- Responsible for the creation, enhancement and implementation of software development standards.
- Represents the IT Software Development team’s interests across IT.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, application testing and configuration changes as a member of the team which takes ownership of business software products.
- Assist the project teams in resolving project related issues.
- Assist the Team Lead, IT Software Development in resolving team issues and team initiatives.
- Provide cost estimates for software development projects based on defined requirements.
- Participates in the IT Software Development code review process.
- Supports the delivery of projects related to creation or extension of a diverse group of applications required to support business operations.
- Assist project teams to identify and research technical requirements.
- Assist the QC team in creating test plans for developed software.
- Provides input and assistance to the Team Lead, IT Software Development, as requested, in all aspects of the group’s operation.
- Participate in cross-team development initiatives as requested by the Team Lead, IT Software Development.
- Maintain technical skills and stay current on industry / technology trends.
- A university degree or a diploma from a recognized institution, with specialization in the Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines.
- 6 - 10 years of progressive experience in Information Technology, with significant exposure to software development or software application projects.
- Strong experience with the following technologies is required: C#, .NET, Visual Studio, SharePoint 2007/2010.
- Experience with the following technologies would be a definite asset: SSRS, jQuery, Enesys, SQL Server, MS Office.
- Demonstrated knowledge / experience in software design, architecture, testing and requirements gathering.
- Understanding of software development methods and the business context for custom software development.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
|Date Added / Date ajoutée