|Job Details / Détails du poste
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|Title / Titre
||This client has an SAP transformation project which is completing the Blueprint phase in the areas of asset management, work management and supply chain business processes. They require two Information Architects to work mainly on the SAP Solution project but may also become involved in other enterprise SAP initiatives. The target start is the end of April 2013 with a contract term of 12 months and an option to extend for a further four one year periods. The work is based in Burnaby, BC and you will be part of the SAP Solutions team. This is a full time (40 hours per week) position.
||• Overseeing the development, publishing and enhancements of the enterprise data standards such as a common business vocabulary, naming conventions, and transformation rules.
• Definition and implementation of enterprise-wide data modeling standard and polices (logical and physical) based on best practices for the utility industry.
• Definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data/information use, security, access and governance (including defining accountabilities in support of data quality mandates).
• Assisting in the development of a metadata management and repository strategy to manage all enterprise data/information architecture project artifacts.
• Design and implementation of a metadata repository and registry and the processes for domain-specific stakeholders (data stewards) to maintain their data entities.
• Overseeing the design and development of formal descriptions of: data and data structures including data definitions (in conjunction with data Stewards) data models, data flow diagrams, etc.
• Ensuring appropriate mapping of enterprise data/information architecture models to package application models, to determine impact or assess suitability of vendor solutions to enterprise data/information architecture requirements.
• Mapping and auditing data/information assets as they flow from upstream applications and interfaces to downstream reporting and analytical applications, to ensure optimal transparency, quality, consistency and controlled redundancy across the organization.
• Reviewing corporate data sources for new business data/information of data feeds.
• Validate design of data/information models, as needs, to meet business requirements. This includes developing and administering conceptual and logical data models.
• Design of integrative and canonical views of data/information across multiple content types to determine impact on enterprise data/information architecture.
• Analyzing data/information to evaluate the effectiveness of controls, determine the accuracy of reports and monitor the efficiency and security of operations.
• Participating in key project design reviews to ensure application, reporting and analytic system designs adhere to enterprise data/information architecture guidelines.
• Tracking and reporting on the status of project deliverables.
• Monitoring regulatory guidelines (such as consumer privacy issues) to determine impact on the enterprise data/information architecture.
• Monitoring compliance and related guidance (such as data retention and audit requirements) to determine impact on the enterprise data/information architecture
• Leading and guiding the Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehouse (DW) specialists.
• Assisting in the development and implementation of BI/DW strategy and produce solution architecture design documentation.
• Be accountable for all BI/DW deliverables and processes.
||• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar qualification;
• Experience in implementing BI/BW through at least five project lifecycles;
• Experience in at least three prior projects as an Information Architect;
• Knowledge and experience in the design and construction of data/information architectures that enable well-integrated transactional, collaborative, reporting and analytical systems;
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a data/information architecture role;
• Minimum 5 years of general and project-specific data/information modeling; experience (for example, data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams, physical data models, create/read/update/delete matrices, and Data Warehouse Dimensional data models);
• Minimum 5 years of experience using one or more industry recognized modeling software tools. Specifically SAP BW;
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of:
BI, DW and operational data store data architectures and leading BI/DW.
Approaches to data integration (ETL and Enterprise Applications Integration)
Tools and approaches for meta-data and reference and Master Data management
Leading practice models
Experience with multiple platforms.
• Minimum 3 years of experience coordinating data/information architecture implementation and modification activities for projects;
• Strong SQL skills and demonstrated experience working with industry leading relational database technologies;
• Minimum 5 years of experience developing or contributing to the development of strategies, policies, standards and guidelines relating to:
Reference and Master Data Management
Meta Data Management
Document and Content Management
Data Quality Management