|Job Details / Détails du poste
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||One of Canada's largest IT solutions providers. Metafore has delivered IT Solutions to private and public sector organizations of every size for more than 25 years. Metafore IT Resourcing Division helps our clients staff their permanent, contract and temporary roles. With a team of more than 1250 associates, operations throughout Canada. Metafore represents leading technologies and solutions, and designs, supplies, and installs complete IT infrastructure solutions, and advanced Professionals Services.
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||The HP-UX Administrator role requires ability to create and analyze solutions based on business value while maintaining best design/development practices, architectural policies, procedures and guidelines throughout the project lifecycle.
The HP-UX Administrator acts as a subject matter expert in HP-UX Administration, has the ability to perform end-to-end impact analysis of source system changes, capacity planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
||Work closely with Project Managers, Software Development and IT Management to ensure successful delivery of business initiatives
• Manage performance issues in all custom code released to production for optimal performance
• Work closely with Team Leads from Development and Business Analysis Departments to ensure comprehensive test plans are developed and testing scripts are maintained from verbal and written business specifications and ensure that defects and fixes across prioritized systems are documented, tracked and closed in conjunction with business priorities
• Evaluate change management requests to determine optimum testing process for the degree of change being implemented; including Time & Cost estimation with Impact analysis
• Define HP-UX and Disk Array system architecture that can be implemented uniformly across Production and Non-Production and environments
• Off-hours HP-UX and Storage support on rotation as required
||• Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, information systems or computer engineering
• 5+ years of Unix experience in HP-UX and Linux environments; with emphasis on HA, clustering, and service guard
• 5+ yrs. experience with HP Unix environment
• 5+ yrs. Experience supporting Oracle ERP
• Strong working experience with HP-UX, including in-depth experience in deep level support, administration, and performance tuning of HP-UX software
• 5+ yrs. experience with performance management and administration of storage area network and network attached storage systems
• Strong experience in Security, platform and o/s hardening, shell scripting
• Strong working experience in using cost-effective strategies to plan and design storage systems, both for temporary use and to meet long-term data storage needs
• Strong experience in Capacity planning, systems performance and tuning
• Strong understanding of HP-UX and Storage structures, theories, principles, and practices;
• Strong knowledge of scripting tools for automation, monitoring and tuning required
• Excellent problem-solving skills, a self-starting attitude and and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate across multiple levels within the organization: Management, Operations, IT, Systems Administration, etc.
• Excellent knowledge of backup and recovery scenarios
• Be able to provide a strategic HP-UX and Storage direction for the organization
• Hands-On Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• After hours support using pager and cell phone – on a rotational basis
• Flexible and adaptable to working additional hours and/or overtime