Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||Application Specialist – Lab Systems
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
||Reporting to the Application Specialists Team Leader, the role of the Application Specialist - Lab Systems is to perform application configuration and development activities on lab systems in accordance with our client’s application configuration and development standards and best practices. This role may be engaged by a Delivery Coordinator, Solution Architects and IS Business Analysts to assist in solution design efforts including analysis, design and architecture. They collaborate with IS Quality Analysts to ensure deliverables are built in accordance with defined quality standards. Relevant Operational groups are involved to perform service transition activities to ensure production transition is successful by documenting application specifications and generating training materials including operational support manuals. In addition, this role participates in tier 3 application support activities including the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches.
This is a 6 month contract.
|Responsibilities / Responsabilités
||• Analyze, configure, enhance and implement lab based application software that satisfies application solution design requirements.
• Inform Solution Architects and IS Project Managers on the status of pertinent tasks.
• Collaborate with Delivery Coordinators Application Solution Architects, IS Business Analysts and other technical resources on the delivery of application functionality.
• Participate in tier 3 application support activities including incident management and the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches.
• Provide continuity with Application and Infrastructure Management operational groups during service transition.
• Execute test plans, debug and apply subsequent fixes.
• Assist in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments.
• Document application specifications and produce operational support manuals.
• Perform detailed activity task management including task estimates and task progress updates.
• Develop and maintain configuration repositories according to established version management approaches and methods as defined by our client.
• Identify and evaluate risks and participate in mitigation and control activities.
|Requirements / Exigences
• Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with IS partners
• Can consolidate requirements and translate them into IS deliverables
• Understands and adheres to company's quality management processes and practices
• Familiar with quality evaluation methods such as user acceptance testing (UAT), unit and integration testing, etc.
• Participates in quality control activities
• Working knowledge of quality assurance methods, tools and techniques
• Can describe and interpret quality indicators relevant to own unit or function
• Coordinates implementation tasks with end-user, operations and quality management
• Has led preparation of system or user documentation and training materials
• Has experience with alternate implementation strategies such as pilot or parallel
• Facilitates implementation reviews for complex applications
• Has consulted on various aspects of moving applications into the production environment
Application Development Concepts
• Understands at a high level the concepts behind Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services and how to configure the application to interact with SOA components.
• Experienced configuring solutions within the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes
Application Configuration Concepts
• Has configured lab based systems in an integrated team environment working with development and infrastructure team members to provide an end to end solution that satisfied the business requirements
• Knowledge in chemical as well as environmental labs
• Experience in lab systems
Certifications – Academic
• College diploma or university degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Experience – Role-specific
• Knowledge of Autoscribe LIMS system is an asset
• Experience with lab systems is a requirement
• Experience with lab hardware and practices, including environmental lab practices is a strong asset
• Knowledge of CAEL, ATSM and ISO lab certifications
Experience – Industry Specific
• Minimum 3 years experience working with IS in an oil and gas domain
Abilities – Hard Skills
• C#.net development experience is required
• Knowledge of bar codes (Code128, 3 or 9)
• Knowledge of test driven development
• Knowledge of MVC design pattern
• Knowledge of RESTful interfaces
Abilities – Soft Skills
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
• Effective negotiation skills, able to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders with differing opinions
• Strong team player
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Contract / Contractuel
|Date Added / Date ajoutée