Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
||British Columbia [BC]
|Title / Titre
||Infrastructure Design and Integration Specialists
||This client requires two Infrastructure Design and Systems Integration specialists to participate in planning and decision-making activities related to the design of server, storage and core systems infrastructure and the integration of new infrastructure and of application systems into the infrastructure. This is an enterprise account with around 3500 users. Their technology is based on approximately 850 HP-based servers (virtual and physical), EMC VMAX 40K Enginuity SAN along with some smaller HP SAN devices, Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Windows 7 desktops, VMware vSphere and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Operations Manager products.
This position starts as a 9-12 month contract with possible extension or conversion of contract to full time basis. The work location is Richmond, BC
||• Participates and collaborates in the overall direction of Infrastructure Design and Systems Integration
• Develops detailed Infrastructure Design Documents including Architecture design, Infrastructure Platform, Components, backup and archiving, Hardware Implementation and Security considerations.
• Ensures that the infrastructure is designed in accordance with client's strategic imperatives and Key Performance Indicators.
• Ensures that the infrastructure is designed to meet all functional and non-functional requirements and deliver the required capacity, availability and security levels.
• Follows the ITIL framework for IT infrastructure planning including Capacity Management, Business Continuity, Availability and Security.
• Runs proof-of-concepts for new technologies in order to minimize deployment risks.
• Supports the IT teams during serious production outages or performance problems
||• Degree in Computer Programming and Systems Technology and 15 years of directly related experience.
• Minimum of 5 years in a role involving the preparation of detailed infrastructure design documents in an organization of similar size and infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of current Windows Server 2012 technology in enterprise environments,
• Implementation experience using SCCM
• Working knowledge of VMware
• Previous experience working on EMC storage devices