Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||▲ Business Analyst (Upstream)
||Our client has an opening for a Business Analyst Contractor on the IT Project, Planning and Architecture Team, reporting to the Team Lead. This is a twelve (12) month contract based in our Calgary, AB office. This role is largely responsible to assist with various projects under the IM Strategy Program and help workgroups in finding and supporting Information Management solutions. The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the IT and IM teams in improving and implementing information systems within the Canada Business Unit (CBU).
||o Act as a liaison between the business partner and IT in developing the project’s business case to quantify expected business value
o Interview business partners to collect and document business requirements, functional specifications / use cases and user interface designs (UI), business/data process workflow as-is /to-be state.
o Translate functional specifications / use cases and user interface (UI) design documents to technical team (i.e. developers)
o Familiar with a variety of software quality assurance concepts, practices and procedures from test planning to testing execution
o Facilitate, analyze, and document deliverables to support vendor RFPs and RFQs process.
o Develop project documentation and presentations as needed
o Quality Assurance Testing: Familiar with a variety of software quality assurance concepts, practices and procedures from test planning, test execution, and testing results.
o Organizational Training: determine training objective, author training materials and conduct training programs
o Knowledge software development methodologies such as Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile.
o Providing solutions for both structured and unstructured information
o Experience in developing and implementing document management solutions
o Using multiple tools to provide access to information
o Information architecture design and development including both hierarchical classification and relational metadata approaches
o Migration, conversion and data quality improvement of legacy information
• Minimum 5 years, hands-on experience as a Business Analyst
• Minimum 1 year experience in an Information Management environment with a clear understanding of the components of an Information Management Program
• Project Management skills would be a plus.
• Previous industry experience in Upstream Oil & Gas preferred
• Self motivated and able to influence and motivate others
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment using Microsoft Applications (PowerPoint, MSProject, Excel, Word)
• Must have a methodical and well organized approach to the work environment and have the ability to problem solve and work under deadlines
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to interface with colleagues at all levels
• Experience working in a team environment
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Be able to deal with short time frames and handle multiple competing priorities