Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton client requires Network Analysts for upcoming projects.
The responsibilities for a Network Analyst may include any or all of the following activities:
- Hands-on implementation, upgrading and trouble-shooting of network software and hardware infrastructure;
- Effective teamwork and proficient communication with team members, the Service Alberta network management team and the departmental network management teams;
- Participate in the planning, designing, implementing, support and documenting of best practices for networking projects;
- Participate and contribute to cross-functional IT projects by providing technical IT networking knowledge and expertise
- Currently active CCNA Certification or equivalent (attach a copy of the certificate or provide the certificate number)
- Experience working with CISCO and/or 3COM technologies in an environment of comparable size and complexity as the GoA
- Experience performing fault management services for technical problem diagnosis and resolution, for tier-2 and tier-3 level of IT network related incidents.
- Experience facilitating the development of standard operating procedures.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects
- Experience providing technical support stand-by (evenings and weekends)
- Experience with Alberta SuperNet or equivalent
- Experience with the Alberta Government AGNPac or equivalent
- Experience working with 802.11 wireless network technologies
- Experience working with wireless WAN technologies
- Experience using OSPF and/or other routing protocols in design and operations
- Experience using Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Experience with networking aspects of Microsoft Windows desktop and servers
- Experience developing front-end requirements for emerging technologies (feasibility, analysis and design phases)
- Experience working with network security and issues relating to Freedom of Information legislation in the provincial government
- Experience facilitating the development of Operating and Service Level Agreements
- Experience in the public sector
- Experience working in the GoA Domain environment or an environment of similar size and complexity
The candidate must have one of the following combinations of education or certification and experience:
- University graduation in computer science or a related discipline; and two years of experience, or,
- two-year diploma in computer science or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution; and four years of experience, or,
- a one-year certificate in computer science or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution; and five years of experience, or,
- a currently active professional certification or accreditation in a related discipline from a recognized issuing body; and five years of experience, or,
- eight years of experience
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Contract / Contractuel
|Date Added / Date ajoutée