Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||System Admin - Data Centre
||Qualified candidate performs advanced datacenter operations tasks, facilitation and design tasks required for the development of the Enterprise Data Centers. The candidate would participate in an on-call rotation to ensure 100% uptime of company resources.
This is a 6 month contract with a chance of renewal.
||Primary Responsibilities and Activities :
• Availability to Work on-call and or shift work as resources required.
• Server installation Data Center Operations Installation team.
• Could be required to travel to field locations within US/Canada for new computer installations, replacing old computer hardware and UPS battery replacements. (35 to 40% travel)
• Working with other Data Center Operations Team members monitoring to ensuring Field/Data Center availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support the Field/Data Center.
• Technical skills include the ability to effectively replace Data Center hardware, cabling of new and decommissioned equipment within Data Center and REMOTE Field Locations.
• Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
• Preserves availability of resources by scheduling changes within specified maintenance windows using change control board.
• Understanding of technology strategies, policies, and procedures by identifying problems; evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
• Maintains quality service by enforcing organization standards and procedures.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Exercises moderate independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
• Ability to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software
Candidate Key Behaviors and Competencies
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a team member
• Track record for remaining unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor; and being more interested in results than personal preferences
• Capable of being extroverted and collaborative
• Motivation that is focused on long-term results
||• Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Ability to replace hard drives, dim, boards, fiber cards, basic upgrade and replacements.
• Understanding the different fiber cables used within Data Centers
• Ability to maintain cabling inventory to support business
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Knowledge of many aspects of an Enterprise Technical Architecture
• Understanding of network and security architecture
• Manage physical access to data center facilities and racks.
• Maintain data cabling and associated documentation within the data center.
• Monitor power draw, ensure the proper upkeep of UPS and generators.
• Document rack layouts and maintain relevant documentation.
• Actively contribute to processes associated with the data center.
Education and Training and Experience
• Associates Degree in computer related field or Equivalent work experience
• 5 yrs. Data Center experience required
• APC StruxureWare Software Knowledge Preferred or Equivalent