Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||Junior / Intermediate Business Analyst
||ITR 7216 2/14
||In this Junior/Intermediate Project Business Analyst role, you will manage and advance content management initiatives for business clients on the OpenText and SharePoint platforms. This BA role will be involved in:
• working with external technical staff to implement business focused content management solutions.
• gathering and documenting business requirements; working with technical staff to ensure that the design matches acceptance criteria; managing UAT and the final delivery of small projects and small enhancements.
• working to improve operational efficiencies delivering and reporting on content management services both within the team and to clients.
This is a 11 month contract (Ends Dec 31, 2013)
||Project work responsibilities of this BA could include:
a) Analysis and Solution Definition
• Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry.
• Identifies client group’s strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
• Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
• Provide time estimates to project manager to set budget.
b) Technical Recommendation and Testing
• Leads testing efforts.
• Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
• Works with client personnel to identify required changes.
• Communicates needed changes to development team.
c) Project Execution
• Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
• Takes input from supervisor and project manager and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
• Works effectively with a project manager.
• Communicates and applies project standards.
• Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
• Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project.
Operational work responsibilities of this BA could include:
• Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
• Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
b) Technical Understanding
• Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Understands how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
c) Problem Solving
• Identifies critical issues with ease.
• Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
• Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
d) Client Management
• Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Manages client expectations effectively.
||• 2+ years IT business analysis experience
• Proficiency in requirements gathering, process mapping and documentation
• 2+ years experience with SharePoint 2007/2010 and/or Open Text Livelink 9.5/9.71 or Open Text Content Server 10
• Prior business analysis experience working on enterprise content projects serving a larger client base (e.g. 4500+ clients)
• Knowledge of third party tools that integrate with SharePoint and Livelink
• Some prior experience working with external vendor services would be very beneficial
• Some knowledge and experience delivering training as well as technical writing
• Some familiarity with emerging industry best practices and tool sets in the web environment (web site environments, video, social media, web applications)
• A formal Business Analyst certificate would be an asset
• Solid communication and facilitation skills
• Proven ability to build trust and strong relationships with business clients and other stakeholders
• Excellent attention-to-detail
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Proven ability to ask probing questions and be able to identify patterns, trends and gaps
• Strong organizational skills in prioritizing and keeping track of the numerous initiatives underway