Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
||British Columbia [BC]
|Title / Titre
||Web Developer with Java or other high level languages
||This client based in Kamloops, BC requires a web developer for a 6 month contract to work on an electronic games project. This role will proactively resolve complex technical issues and use innovative thinking by making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution. The web developer role acts as a consultative partner by providing expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders, as well as external to the organization to enable the business to provide technical products and services efficiently and effectively. This position is targeted to start in mid June and is based in Kamloops, BC for knowledge transfer and support reasons. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in a programming/analysis environment, with at least three years at a programmer/analyst level
||• Collaborates with business and other IT personnel to integrate new requirements into web solutions.
• Collaborates with peers to resolve technical issues and makes regular suggestions for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution.
• Conducts needs assessments with various business units to translate these needs into results for web services
||• Experience developing secure web applications using Java or other high-level programming languages (required)
• Experience with design and development within a Content Management System context (experience with Adobe CQ5 would be a strong asset)
• Awareness of emerging Web technologies and the ability to apply these appropriately to fulfill business requirements
• Experience with one or more of the following tools and technologies would be an asset: jQuery, Eclipse, Subversion, JSP, Maven, Ant, JAX-RS (Jersey), JUnit, Apache Sling, Apache Jackrabbit
• SQL query design and development and working knowledge of Linux are assets
• Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills, problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation