|Job Details / Détails du poste
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||One of Canada's largest IT solutions providers. Metafore has delivered IT Solutions to private and public sector organizations of every size for more than 25 years. Metafore IT Resourcing Division helps our clients staff their permanent, contract and temporary roles. With a team of more than 1250 associates, operations throughout Canada. Metafore represents leading technologies and solutions, and designs, supplies, and installs complete IT infrastructure solutions, and advanced Professionals Services.
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
||The Systems Architect is the high-level designer of a system to be implemented. He/she establishes the basic structure of the system, defining the essential core design features and elements that provide the framework for all that follows, and are the hardest to change later. He/she provides the engineering view of the users' vision for what the system needs to be and do, and the paths along which it must be able to evolve, and strives to maintain the integrity of that vision as it evolves during detailed design and implementation.
||1. Define and Solution - Corporate Support:
o Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction and assistance during RFPs, Intake, Project and Sustain and potentially with client directly
o During the Sales cycle collaborate with end users, Analysts and Software Architects to understand the customer’s application requirements and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans
o This could involve complex systems development and hosting engagements
o Requires ability to provide both high level and detailed estimates
o Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility
o Actively participate in best practice and delivery methodology refinement activities in Technology Operations.
2. Project and Sustain Support
• During the project launch phase work with Solutions Analysts, Tech Leads and Architects to translate high-level solution architectures into workable solutions and to evolve current solutions and services.
• Document and develop in-depth knowledge of supported client’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure and technology portfolio and maintain that in Runbooks.
• Ensure system operates in conformance with contract.
• Review infrastructure and systems technical performance and monitoring reports and make recommendations for improvement.
• Make recommendations, document business case (including analysis of cost reduction opportunities and total costs) and communicate plans for investing in IT infrastructure
• Responsible for analysis, definition/refinement and documentation of technical architecture needs and offerings on projects
• Build hardware roadmaps for clients and sustain groups
• Work closely with PMs and Release Managers as new projects transition into sustain operations
• Assist with problem triaging activities once in sustain
• As required assist with building new infrastructure environments.
• Provide technical support to departments, and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
• Oversee the storage, security, retrieval, and manipulation of data for analysis as required
||• Post-secondary education in a related discipline
• Experience working in a technical architecture or business engineering role in a medium to large enterprise or hosting environment is a must
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience with Linux, SQL, SQL Server (Microsoft), Windows 2008, Apache, Tomcat - General Use
• Cloud and SaaS experience an asset
• CCNA, CCNP and ITIL certification and experience with ITIL process development - nice to have
• External customer relationship/interface experience mandatory and superior communications skills
• Exceptionally self-motivated, directed, detail-oriented and end user focused.
• Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to manage and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
• Occasional on-call availability