|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: April 2014 (with a possibility of the role becoming a permanent position within the client's organization)
Our client in the Energy Sector is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join their Desktop team.
Reporting to the Manager, Server and Desktop, the Desktop Analyst provides office/field level technical support for end users within the organization's desktop and mobile device computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all physical/virtual desktop, mobile/handheld devices and peripheral equipment to ensure optimal performance.
Key accountabilities include:
- Perform hands-on technical support and service restoration in desktop computing and telephony environment, including desktop software, mobile and handheld devices, printers, plotters, engineering workstations and related IT peripherals.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical desktop-related problems. Actively coordinate with team members and other service support groups to effectively resolve desktop incidents and service requests in a timely manner. Escalate more complex problems to senior level specialists.
- Support implementation of new hardware and software to meet evergreen initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with Service Desk to ensure problems are being resolved and customers updated accordingly.
- Professionally provide technical support and track/monitor open problems to ensure service level standards are met.
- Provide feedback to the Service Desk on improvements to service delivery.
- Expected duties may include but not limited to writing knowledge database documents, service desk work around procedures, and updating the system within information on new installs, updates, and contact information. Notify management of increasing trends, unusual activity or repeated activity.
- Demonstrate a high performance, high discipline, and safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy to do business with manner of working.
- Ensure optimal deliverables through effective cross-functional accountability and authority practices (when relevant) within Manager’s context and prescribed limits.
- Works with the Asset Coordinator to manage stock and hardware inventory ensuring to conform to IT’s inventory control standard.
- In performing above duties, protect data and information from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized deletion; follow applicable regulations and instructions regarding access to computerized files and release of data.
- Develop and maintain positive and cooperative relationships, inside and outside of work group, interacting in a friendly, open, honest, and accepting manner.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 year Technical Diploma in computer systems or equivalent education, certification and experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a desktop support environment
- General Desktop analyst skills and fundamental knowledge of the desktop operating systems and hardware
- Experience in providing support to business users and fellow employees
- Strong technical understanding of the following technologies: Windows 7, OSX 10.x Microsoft Office Suite, Mobile devices, browsers, local account management, basic network operations, scripting, installs and removals, registry, command line, Service Desk ticket system functionality, and system management tools. Outlook, and basic Active Directory, server and networking.
- A+, MCP designation are an asset
- Interpersonal: self-motivated, organized, customer focused detail-oriented and excellent communicator.
- Customer Responsiveness: Ability to respond appropriately and communicate effectively to customers and stakeholders.
- Group: problem solving, results driven and action-oriented when working on assigned tasks. Team player who promotes a culture of innovation and quality.
- Focused on continuous improvement by paying attention to the processes or elements leading to the completion duties and always looking for ways to improve quality and/or efficiency
- Adaptable to duties and deliverables changing in response to IS and business needs.
|Date Added / Date ajoutée