|Title / Titre
||_Technical Delivery Manager
Our Edmonton client requires Technical Delivery Managers for upcoming projects.
Under the leadership of the Technical Delivery Manager; project teams will perform project activities necessary to document business requirements, model and design information technology and management solutions to address the business requirements, transform designs into completed components that meet client requirements and integrate and test the completed components to ensure suitability and usability.
The Technical Delivery Manager determines appropriate technical approaches that align with the enterprise architecture, communicates the approved approaches to the developers and provides guidance on the designs and construction to ensure solutions address business requirements through the effective and appropriate use of technology, methods and processes.
Resources require the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Ability to prepare and execute project plans
- Ability to deliver technical solutions that address business requirements within constraints on budget, time, resources, and technology
- Ability to manage others in a team environment
- Communication and teamwork
The Technical Delivery Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Management and administration: project plans, resource plans, timelines, status reports, progress reports, release planning.
- Establishing and operating control processes including schedule management, status reporting, issues, risk, and change management
- Project coordination of project plans with other ministry projects and/or enterprise components for integration purposes.
- Closely monitoring development activities and taking corrective action to ensure project schedules are being met.
- Resolution of issues, including:
- Investigation of technical issues
- Raising Change Requests, Decision Requests and Information Requests
- Participation in ministry SWAT teams as required
- Ensure escalation and/or resolution in a timely manner.
- Management and coordination of approvals and sign-off of deliverables by clients.
- Management recommendations and directions for modifications and changes to the solution identified through requested enhancements, change requests, defects, new initiatives or enterprise architecture direction.
- Management, coordination and monitoring of team resources ensuring work assignments are completed to approved criteria
- Assigning work and managing development team members, mentoring and providing direction as required.
- Delivering project deliverables within specified quality standards
- Developing the technical project plan and monitoring execution of delivery
- Input into the development of the deployment plan
- In consultation with ministry staff, participate in resource acquisition and allocation as required to meet delivery solution timelines or requirements.
- Reviewing team deliverables to ensure technical component meet ministry standards and practices.
- Escalating issues and risks, as appropriate.
- Communicating project status and issues, as appropriate.
- Working within a multi-vendor/staff environment.
- Working within PMO governance structure and communicating with many types of audiences including other project managers, program managers, technical and business staff, management and steering committees.
- Delivering technical designs that align with ministry strategic direction for enterprise architecture and AET’s LIFe/LIMS.
- Delivering tested components that meet business requirements, functional and non-functional test cases.
- Delivering technical and user documentation of the completed components
- Support of solution components through User Acceptance Testing dealing with defects or client inquires.
- Support implementation and integration of solution into production environment
- Identification of obstacles and required decisions identified early to ensure that minimal impact to overall delivery of solution.
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience working in an ICT environment – 8 years
- Experience working in a technical management or technical delivery role – 5 years
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience leading projects spanning the full systems development life cycle
- Experience delivering solutions within an enterprise architecture environment.
- Experience leading a team that delivers solutions across multiple technical environments.
- Experience facilitating requirements or design work sessions.
- Experience in software application development.
- Experience in data migrations/conversion.
- Experience in creating reusable, scalable components/services.
- Experience in creating data warehouse, data mining or management reporting solutions.
- Experience in reporting data store (RDS) solutions.
- Experience in creating business intelligence solutions using Cognos business intelligence technologies.
- Experience in creating business intelligence solutions using Microsoft business intelligence technologies.
- Experience in creating DataStage or equivalent ETL tool solutions.
- Experience in creating N-Tier solutions.
- Experience in creating ASP. Net solutions.
- Experience in creating WinForm solutions.
- Experience in creating MS-SQL database solutions.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Edition
- Experience in creating Oracle database solution.
- Experience using MS-Project or other project Management tools.
- Experience in delivering large scale visible distributed systems on time.
- Experience in architecting large scale distributed enterprise systems.
- Experience with application architecture & design.
- Experience working on large finance systems.
- Experience in creating data models.
- Experience supervising various levels of team members.
- Experience utilizing and enforcing source control.
- Experience with an automated document management tool.
- Experience with post-secondary education or education systems
- Experience with GAEA enterprise architecture framework.
- Experience with IAE’s LIFe/LIMS enterprise architecture framework.
- Experience with COBIT
- Experience with ITIL
- Experience with the Drupal content management system