|Title / Titre
||_Management Consultant, Strategist and Planner
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
Our Edmonton has upcoming needs for Management Consultants - Strategist and Planner
The Management Consultant will work with Senior and Executive Management in the Ministry to:
- identify and advance information and communications technology strategies that advance and/or support our core business in strategic areas
- facilitate collaboration of public sector, private industry, post-secondary providers and the research community to identify and advance opportunities to improve existing services and/or identify, develop and advance opportunities for new and innovative information and technology related services.
- facilitate and manage the challenges associated with innovation and change.
The breadth of responsibilities associated with the Management Consultant role span strategic planning, project definition, program communication, providing leadership to project teams, facilitating strategic partnerships with external stakeholders, conducting business process reengineering activities and facilitating executive discussions on strategic matters.
Resources submitted to supply the services associated with this role require the following skills:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to problem solve / troubleshoot
- Ability to work with minimum mentoring
- Ability to prepare and execute project plans
- Ability to manage others in a team environment
- Ability to deal with clients and resolve related issues
- Ability to manage stress
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- leading the development of new strategies
- conducting SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis and defining strategies accordingly
- identifying benefits and conducting risk analysis for each identified opportunity
- identifying and investigating problems related to strategy, policy, markets, organization and processes
- identifying critical success factors for the Ministry in adopting and implementing formulated strategies
- consulting with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels including Senior Executives, industry leaders, researchers and advanced education providers
- identifying opportunities for the Ministry to work with advanced education providers, researchers and industry partners to exploit technology and develop opportunities for the Ministry, post-secondary providers and industry to develop new and innovative services.
- developing business plans, program plans, strategic plans, tactical plans, operational plans, communication plans and road-maps that will guide the Ministry, advanced education providers, researchers and industry partners.
- establishing and operating/implementing control processes throughout the business process
- providing expertise in change management at the enterprise level from the top down
- developing business architecture that shows how components, stakeholders and processes interrelate
- developing executive presentations and presenting to senior executives
- developing executive summaries and briefings
- facilitating workshops with senior executives in government, industry, the post-secondary system and research community
- facilitating negotiations for strategic partnerships
- defining and implementing new technologies and related services
- developing and executing marketing strategies
- developing and executing communication plans
- escalating issues and risks, as appropriate
- communicating project status and issues, as appropriate
- assembling and analyzing all available data, followed by presentations to executives at all levels
- interviewing the client's employees, management team and other stakeholders
- ensuring the client receives the assistance needed to implement the recommendations
Mandatory Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience developing ICT strategies - 8 years
- Experience implementing ICT strategies – 8 years
- Written and oral communication and presentation skills in an executive business environment using the English language. – 3 years
Desirable Experience/Skill Criteria:
- Experience facilitating collaboration of public sector, private industry and the research community to identify and advance opportunities to improve existing services and/or to identify, develop and advance opportunities for new and innovative information and technology related services.
- Experience in conducting SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunity and Threats), and formulating strategies based on the analysis.
- Experience developing business plans, program plans, strategic plans, tactical plans, operational plans, communication plans and road-maps.
- Experience in business process management activities.
- Experience working in a project management role.
- Experience in business process reengineering.
- Experience working on multiple projects at one time.
- Experience in utilizing Balanced Scorecard.
- Experience in assisting senior management in deriving vision and mission statements.
- Experience in performing cost-benefit analysis.
- Experience in establishing and/or operating the following project control processes on multiple projects: schedule management, issue management, risk management, status reporting, change control, budget/effort management.
- Experience using MS-Project or other project management tools.
- Experience with risk and quality management processes.
- Experience in business requirements gathering.
- Experience with business modeling tools.
- Experience in change management at the enterprise level.
- Experience in creating and executing communication plans.
- Experience in building strategic partnerships in benefiting organizations aligning with the strategic goals.
- Experience with projects spanning the full systems development life cycle.
- Experience deriving and implementing new technologies and/or related services.
- Experience leading large projects in excess of one million dollars.
- Experience leading projects that deliver solutions across multiple technical environments.
- Experience leading projects that result in services being delivered through public and private partnerships.
- Experience with Alberta Education/Alberta Advanced Education & Technology and/or Ministry stakeholders.
- Experience with the GAEA enterprise architecture framework.
- Experience with AET’s LIFe/LIMS enterprise architecture framework.
- Experience with COBIT
- Experience with ITIL