|Job Details / Détails du poste
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|Country / Pays
|Title / Titre
||Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager in their Calgary office that will be accountable for creating project plans that drive successful execution of their projects according to time, budget and scope constraints, while anticipating and mitigating through risk to keep the project on track throughout the lifecycle of the project. Sr. Project Managers are also charged with building high performing dynamics and solid relationships amongst the project team and outwards. There is also an expectation to be leaders, mentors and to contribute to continuous improvement process and methods within the PM Community.
||• Work in conjunction with IT and engineering groups across multiple business units and functional departments to develop and deploy state of the art technology solutions to address key business processes
• Promote and demonstrate a culture of disciplined project management and ensure that project management methodology, standards, practices, processes and artifacts are consistently applied to all projects and work streams.
• Proactively, identify, address, and resolve issues/problems as or before they occur
• Provide budgetary updates, accurate forecasting, progress reporting against milestones and diligent application of change management processes
• Work with Procurement to oversee the tendering and awarding of system integrator/ vendor/sub-trade contracts. Manage relationships with third party system integrators and vendors assisting with delivery and support for enterprise systems and associated services.
• Motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
• Report to key stakeholders and senior management on status of project budget, progress, and escalate risks and issues for resolution as required
• Ensuring all project due diligence and governance requirements are met, including risk and issue management.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Participate in continuous improvement and project management community process and procedures, supporting effective delivery of solutions
||• Strong project management, system analysis, development, and maintenance skills and proven knowledge of full life cycle of software applications and support services. Excellent day-to-day project management expertise leading large and complex software development initiatives.
• PMP certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) is an advantage
• Minimum of ten (10) years of related project management experience with demonstrable success at project delivery using Agile methodologies.
• Proven skills in accurate budget and resource allocation management and forecasting.
• Proven experience managing third party solution implementations and contractor resourcing;
• Proven ability to motivate and maintain project momentum in a dynamic environment.
• Demonstrates strong team skills, especially working in cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrates solid critical thinking and problem solving skills;
• Demonstrates expert ability to identify issues and make difficult decisions (escalating where required);
• Demonstrates strong ability to develop strategic ongoing customer relationships - gaining trust and respect;
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple interests and agendas (vendors, business, IT, etc.);
• Demonstrates expert abilities in risk and issue management (includes identification, mitigation and resolution);
• Proven communication (reading, writing, listening, speaking, and presentation) and facilitation skills.
• Experience implementing solutions requiring complex and multiple integration points;
• Proven ability to work within a team environment utilizing leadership, strong negotiation, conflict management, and delegation skills
• Proven ability to adapt to a variety of situations