Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! / Postuler maintenantTell A Friend / Envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
Our Edmonton client requires Database Administrators for upcoming projects.
The responsibilities for an Database Administrator may include any or all of the following activities:
- Perform Analysis and Requirements Definition for custom applications
- Create design documents with a technology perspective that provide custom solutions to address and resolve business problems
- Design logical and physical databases
- Develop conversion or interface processes.
- Develop test plans and procedures for quality assurance
- Install and test software
- Develop and configure and/or code the software
- Develop and code interfaces and any customizations to third party packages
- Develop interfaces to other systems
- Develop technical documentation
- Perform unit testing, integration testing and system testing
- Install Database Management Systems (DBMS) and custom software
- Perform DBMS hardening and OS hardening for security
- Conduct system acceptance testing
- Rollout the new system
- Monitor on-going operations and perform on-going system administration tasks, including: fix bugs; create enhancements; release new versions; DB tuning; disaster recovery preparation and testing; capacity planning; historical archiving; database consistency and integrity checking; log file analysis; job scheduling; shell scripting; change control; and server requirements analysis
- Experience in at least one of the following Database Management Systems (DBMS): Sybase, ORACLE, MS/SQL and/or ADABAS
- Experience with databases greater than 4GB in size and 100 concurrent users
- Experience with database migrations between different versions/releases (e.g. v10 to v11), and instances (e.g. Development, UAT, Production).
- Experience scaling up and scaling out a DBMS
- Experience with data warehousing, database replication, log shipping and failover clustering
- Experience with virtualization using VMWare or Hyper-V
- Experience with automation of database maintenance functions
- Experience with IIS or Apache web server administration
- Experience with advanced database tools
- Experience with SAN administration
The candidate must have one of the following combinations of education or certification and experience:
- University graduation in computer science or a related discipline; and two years of experience, or,
- two-year diploma in computer science or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution; and four years of experience, or,
- a one-year certificate in computer science or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution; and five years of experience, or,
- a currently active professional certification or accreditation in a related discipline from a recognized issuing body; and five years of experience
- or eight years of experience.