|Job Details / Détails du poste
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Êtes-vous intéressé par cet emploi? Cliquez sur Postuler et votre demande sera alors soumise. Si vous connaissez quelqu’un d’autre qui serait intéressé par ce poste, envoyez cette offre d’emploi à un ami.
|Industry / Entreprise
|City / Ville
|Title / Titre
|Position Overview / Vue d’ensemble du poste
||Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Testing Principal in their downtown office. If you have an extensive and varied testing background and you are passionate and skilled at sharing your knowledge and experience then we’re looking for you!
As part of the Enterprise Services team, you will contribute to the advancement of testing excellence within Client's IT by developing, implementing and evangelizing testing standards, methods, processes, best practices, tools and templates.
|Responsibilities / Responsabilités
||• Ensure appropriate, efficient and effective testing practices are applied across our client's IT.
• Create, maintain and evergreen testing standards, methods, processes, best practices, templates and tools that exist within our client's IT department.
• Understand the financial, security, regulatory and deployment controls that exist and ensure the testing methods incorporate those controls into the project and operations lifecycles.
• Provide training, coaching and mentoring as required to testers, test leads and test managers, including use of testing standards, methods, processes, best practices, templates and tools. Develop training materials where appropriate.
• Act as an ambassador for disciplined and effective testing practices across our Client's IT.
• Collaborate with Test managers and other IT Leadership to identify and implement process improvement opportunities related to testing that will increase efficiency, compliance, predictability and/or quality.
• Collaborate with various internal stakeholders to identify process improvement opportunities related to delivery (e.g. deployment, testing, security, support, etc).
• Act as point of reference for testers, test leads and test managers to resolve non-technical issues, manage risk and ensure high quality work is delivered.
• Create and implement testing quality assurance practices, including processes to conduct delivery reviews, stage gate assessments and retrospectives (both in-flight and post-delivery). May be required to conduct delivery reviews and/or stage gate assessments.
• Develop relevant and meaningful metrics to measure the effectiveness of testing.
• Keep on top of the latest and emerging industry trends related to testing and introduce such trends to our client in a fit-for-purpose manner.
• Other activities as required.
|Requirements / Exigences
||• Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• 10+ years of IT testing leadership or test management experience.
• Knowledgeable about Context-Driven Testing
• Familiar with Association for Software Testing
• Expert testing skills. Proven ability to deliver and demonstrate through your experiences a solid and varied foundation of testing capability. You should be able to describe your testing experience as “been there, done that”.
• Strong aptitude for strategic and critical thinking, flexibility and adaptability to a rapidly changing environment.
• Results-oriented individual with a proven track record of delivering and exceeding expectations.
• Ability to work seamlessly with people of varied experience, skill levels, technical and business savvy, and personality type.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build consensus and develop solid relationships in all directions.
• Expert training, coaching and mentoring skills.
• Expert communication skills, including written, oral and presentation. Proven ability to target communications to an appropriate audience level – from front line team members to executives.
• Experience in media and communications is an asset.
• Advanced knowledge of Agile values and principles and associated methodologies, including Scrum, Feature-Driven Development and Extreme Programming is an asset.
|Functional Area / Secteur fonctionnel
||Quality Assurance / Assurance qualité
|Job Type / Type d’emploi
||Full-Time / Temps plein
|Date Added / Date ajoutée